Molten Voltage MIDI Control Pedal solutions

Started by Elantric, March 01, 2015, 12:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

http://blog.moltenvoltage.com/

http://www.moltenvoltage.com/products/MASTER_CONTROL_by_PedalSync_MIDI_PedalBoard_Clock_and_Brain_by_Molten_Voltage.html

Published on Feb 18, 2015
Modified EHX Big Muff Pi made MIDI controllable by Molten Voltage Professional.

Store and Recall 128 presets.

Relay true bypass inside - bypass status stored as part of each preset along with knob positions.

Simple to program - just toggle a switch!

Fuzztastic MIDI Glory!

Questions@MoltenVoltage.com

© 2015, MoltenVoltage.com

http://en.audiofanzine.com/guitar-distortion-overdrive-fuzz/molten-voltage/big-muff-midi/news/a.play,n.19983.html
MIDI on the Big Muff
By Banshee in Avalon on 02/27/2015 at 07:07:00

That's probably what was missing to make the iconic Electro-Harmonix fuzz pedal the perfect effect, and that's what Molten Voltage has done.

The Big Muff MIDI uses the circuit of the original Big Muff Pi, but it was modified to include a MIDI jack, which open the doors to:

A 128 preset memory, each program featuring the knob position and bypass status
A relay bypass activated by MIDI Program Change
2-color LED to monitor the bypass status
Works on MIDI channels 1, 15 and 16
The Big Muff MIDI works with any MIDI controller. Note that its power supply connector was also modified (Boss type).

Price: $225

More info at www.moltenvoltage.com.

alexmcginness

Pretty kool. I still have the Big Muff I bought in the mid 70s. Thanks for this.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Elantric

I still own several -

This one from 1970 sounds best

alexmcginness

Mine is the version after that one. Not sure if Id want to alter it though. I havent tried but I imagine you gould get a very good facsimile using the VG-99 and HAR-BAL.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Now_And_Then

I just ran across this. It's a pedal. I've never seen it before and even though I don't think that I'd ever have a use for it, it might be useful for others

http://www.moltenvoltage.com/products/OSMOSIS_-_PedalBoard_MIDI_Mapper_and_Filter_by_Molten_Voltage.html

admin

http://www.moltenvoltage.com/products/OSMOSIS_-_PedalBoard_MIDI_Mapper_and_Filter_by_Molten_Voltage.html

====

MIDI Mapper and Filter
by Molten Voltage
OSMOSIS™ is a simple-to-use but incredibly powerful MIDI Mapper and Filter for your PedalBoard or MIDI-controlled system.
OSMOSIS responds to MIDI Program Changes by immediately sending out up to 5 additional Program Changes as well as 16 Control Change or Note On messages all on separate MIDI Channels.  OSMOSIS can also actively filter various types of incoming MIDI data, re-map an expression controller, and rectify running status data.

OSMOSIS works with any MIDI controller.

Remapping your MIDI presets and Filtering unwanted data has never been easier!

Why use OSMOSIS?

OSMOSIS is designed to enhance an existing MIDI system.

.:. MIDI-enabled effects and devices generally have slots where you store presets. Rather than hassling with moving presets from one location to another, use OSMOSIS to access any preset in response to a MIDI Program Change.
.:. Devices like the Digitech Whammy have their settings tied to specific MIDI Program Change numbers. Use OSMOSIS to select the Whammy setting that you want to use for a particular program.
.:. Still other devices like Moog's MIDI-enabled MoogerFooger pedals don't store presets at all, but instead accept MIDI Control Changes and Note On messages to change settings. OSMOSIS allows you to create "virtual" presets on those devices by sending out up to 16 Control Changes and Note On messages at a time. OSMOSIS also lets you quickly copy those presets from one program to another.

.:. Many effects that sync to MIDI Clock will always adjust their timing if the clock is present, but sometimes you want an independent or faster time on one pedal while having others synced to the clock. OSMOSIS lets you block MIDI clock for individual programs so you can choose when a particular device is synced.

.:. Lots of effects allow a MIDI expression controller to adjust particular parameters like volume or timing in real-time, but having separate controllers assigned to different pedals is horribly inefficient. OSMOSIS lets you map a single expression controller to the pedal and parameter of your choice for each individual program.

.:. A number of newer MIDI-enabled effects use MIDI Bank Select commands to allow more than the standard 128 presets. For example the Eventide H9 uses 512 presets. OSMOSIS allows you to easily access those additional presets in response to the basic 128 MIDI Program Changes.

.:. Some MIDI devices send information in "Running Status" format to save bandwidth, but virtually no guitar effects respond to messages in that format. OSMOSIS automatically rectifies Running Status messages so your MIDI-enabled pedals can read them.

.:. If your guitar rig is synced to a computer DAW or synth-based MIDI system, there is a good chance that lots of MIDI information is being sent that can confuse your gear. OSMOSIS lets you selectively filter out MIDI data before it hits your pedalboard.

Key Features

• A powerful, yet simple-to-use MIDI Mapper and Filter for your PedalBoard
• Greatly expands the functionality of simple MIDI Controllers
• Sends up to 5 additional Program Changes in response to each of 128 MIDI programs
• Sends up to 16 Control Change or Note on Messages in response to each of 128 MIDI programs
• Re-maps your expression controller to a different controller value and MIDI channel for each program
• Seamlessly and reliably merges incoming MIDI data including MIDI Clock
• Filters incoming MIDI data of your choice
• MIDI Clock filtering can be activated for individual programs
• Rectifies MIDI data received in the Running Status format
• Simple to Program using SIMI, Molten Voltage's PedalBoard MIDI Display
• Also available are a SIMI Emulator for Windows and a SIMI Emulator for Mac
• Works with any MIDI Controller
• Allows access to over 16,000 MIDI bank-selected presets
• Compact design for modular PedalBoard layouts
• Solid, Professional-Grade construction, including Riveted Steel MIDI Jacks