VG-99 - Inside the VG-99

Started by Elantric, January 23, 2008, 08:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

dead_lizard

As you were pulling it apart did it start singing "Daisy, Daisy give me you answer do....."?

Elantric

Actually it was

"Hal,  . . . . . I can feel it   - Hall . . . . I can feel it   - Hall . . . . . . . . .

dead_lizard

my mind is going.....

I was activated at Roland labs on the 3rd of November 2007. Would you like to see a demonstration of some patches?

judb

okay I'm curious how he set up the midi interface to the vg-99 with that ribbon controller... 
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple with GK-3, Frankenstein MiM Fender with Graphtech Hexpander system, Breedlove Atlas AC250 with Synergy system, VG-99, FC-300, Cubase 4 Studio, Presonus Firepods, PodXT Pro and FBV controller, Shuttle XPC for DAW use, Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 combo with a 2x12 second cab

Elantric

Mooncaine is a member of the yahoo VG-8 list. He contributes many interesting VG-99 ideas, and is a very big reason why its a good idea to join that Yahoo VG-8 group maillist - if only to gain access to 10 years of V-Guitar knowledge. Even more knowledge than I have resides over there, some trapped in the mai list archive, and many new discussions too, that are not happening over here.  - like our recent discussions with RMC about the "piezo boom problem" - and the new revelation that in most cases its simply a result of piezo saddles sitting on a strat style floating spring bridge that produces linear frequency response down to 2 Hz. That is a problem with the VG-99 - as it lacks the band pass 1st stage analog filter stage that was present in the VG-8, and VG-88.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/vg-8

unfortunately  - despite many many requests, several key members of the Yahoo list with regular contributions of great ideas refuse to join and participate over here on our vguitar forum.  (edit: this has changed)

Thats just the way life goes.

But music gear tends to gets recycled, in the right hands many many so called "obsolete" gear suddenly becomes must have items again.  In 5 years when the VG-99 is selling for $250-$400 on ebay  - hopefully this place will provide that new crop of users a somewhat organized place to gather useful information. We have a pretty good search engine here, and despite my 500+ posts here - I actually hate typing. majority of my posts are URL links to applicable information - just to maintain and eliminate redundant 3 page threads.

dead_lizard

Was gonna make another Arthur C. Clarke analogy, but I'll save it :)

judb

Thanks for the heads up, I went ahead an signed up for the mailing list.
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple with GK-3, Frankenstein MiM Fender with Graphtech Hexpander system, Breedlove Atlas AC250 with Synergy system, VG-99, FC-300, Cubase 4 Studio, Presonus Firepods, PodXT Pro and FBV controller, Shuttle XPC for DAW use, Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 combo with a 2x12 second cab