JTV - Spank 2 and 4

Started by Slidedude, March 20, 2014, 01:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slidedude

Hi all,

New here...have had a JTV59 for quite a while now.

After upgrading to 2.0 firmware, there was a lot of discussion about the Spank 2 & 4 not sounding "correct".

I saw some posts in the past over on the L6 page from folks who had uploaded their take on how the patches could be improved. After searching the patch listings here I could only find an upload of a modded patch for position 4....

Can someone point me in the right direction to where I could find both of these?

Thanks so much!

Elantric

Slidedude

Thank you kind sir - I actually found some other cool patches here too, and this one with the baritone acoustics is uber-cool!! :)

Elantric

If you find better working WorkBench HD  Spank #2,#4 - please upload it  here!

Slidedude

I most certainly will!

Some friends of mine and I have fooled around with these since the release of 2.0, and many come close, but I haven't heard what I'm looking for.

And tone is a subjective matter, and no two strats sound the same, and...and....LOL

;D

Mainframe

Just wondering (and this could be a dumb question but I am new to The Variax) is it possible to get the patch from the 1.9 version and load it into the 2.0? or os this not possible. I wonder if then you could have the new 2.0 patches and keep all of the older patches you prefer.

Elantric

Tyler Variax with HD 2.0 firmware will not load prior Variax presets. Requires Workbench HD and the Workbench VDI USB Interface.

But many Variax patches for "pre 2.0" are here:

VGuitar Forums > Line-6 Variax > Original Variax Workbench Patch Exchange
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=139.0