VG-99 - Any "vocal/choral" sounding patches in our forum patches?

Started by Paresh, June 15, 2013, 07:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paresh

Nothing comes to mind...I know there is a humanizer but I just wanted to see if there is anything out there already. I like to support vox or backups sometimes doubling the melody. Thanks.
paresh

aliensporebomb

When I played a show at Convergence back in 2011 I used a new patch that several people in the audience commented sounded like voices: one said it sounded like a male voice choir and another said it sounded like mix of male and female.

Listen at approximately 3 minutes and 5 seconds and continues with a mix of voice-like sounds until around 5:03 or so.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Paresh

paresh

G

papabuss

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Paresh

paresh

aliensporebomb

Quote from: G on June 18, 2013, 10:12:54 AM
so lush and organic!  how did you achieve that?

That segment was if I'm not mistaken done with a patch called "Pod Apocalyptic" that by itself didn't seem to really do much for me (I've never really considered it "finished") but when I layered it on top of that drone that I set up in a loop really seemed to create an almost "Tangerine Dream Pad Choir" type effect. 

The acoustic guitar type patch you hear me playing right away is a Gundy Keller thing he gave away in a batch of patches around two years ago but all the other patches are mine if I'm not mistaken.  The second clean guitar tone is an early version of the Landau Clean that I uploaded a month or so ago.
That version isn't as good as the final IMO.

Apocalyptic is a weird patch where I have one Cosm path set up with "Synth Dual" and the other "Synth Bowed".  Then both sides have a weird alternate tuning low to high:  -12, 0, +12, +12, 0 0 on Cosm Channel A and on Channel B 0, 0, +12, +12, 0, 0.  Oh and both sides has the 12-string simulator turned on but the shift is weird: A has 0, +12, +12, +12, -12, -12, and B has 0, 0, 0, 0 and then -12, -12 (yeah, I know - you might be asking "why are you pitching some strings up only to have the 12 string pitch them down again?" - it's complicated - there's a lot of "what if experimentation" going on when I mess with this thing). 

Then FX A has pitch shift, compression, 2x2 chorus, modulation, chorus and plate reverb and FX B has defretter, compressor, 2x2 chorus, modulation, chorus, and plate reverb - they're both running plate to sound "similar" so it sounds like "one" sound source.  Anyway, I'll post that patch.  I wasn't sure it was really finished.

More later! 

aliensporebomb

Oh I almost forgot: the patch!

Remember it's not so much what you play but also where you play it on the neck!

Update and HOW you play it!