VG-99 Sounds of the Heroes (Roland Germany)

Started by Elantric, January 23, 2008, 09:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

VG-99 Sounds of the Heroes
File: SDH_VG-99.g9l

***  WARNING  - THESE WILL MESS WITH ALL YOUR USER SETTINGS - BACK UP YOUR EXISITING PATCHES PRIOR TO LOADING!!!! ***
Acoustic
Patch Gitarrist Band Song Bemerkungen
001 Eric Clapton Layla
002 Jack Johnson Sitting Waiting Wishing
003 David Gilmour Wish You Were Here 12-saitige Gitarre
004 Melissa Etheridge Bring Me Some Water 12-saitige Gitarre
005 Joe Walsh The Eagles Hotel California Capo 7. Bund, 6- und 12-saitige Git.
006 Paul Simon Simon & Garfunkel Mrs. Robinson
007 Joni Mitchell Big Yellow Taxi Open E Tuning
008 George Harrison The Beatles Norwegian Wood Sitar
009 Pete Townsend The Who Pinball Wizzard
010 Django Reinhardt Minor Swing
011 Peter Buck R.E.M. Losing My Religion Mandoline
012 Noel Gallagher Oasis Wonderwall Capo 2. Bund, A- und E-Gitarre

Clean (Pop-Rock-Jazz) Patch Gitarrist Band Song Bemerkungen
013 The Edge U2 With Or Without You
014 Roger McGuinn The Byrds Mr. Tambourine Man 12-saitige Gitarre
015 John Mayer Neon Drop C Tuning (-4 Halbtöne)
016 John Frusciante Red Hot Chili Peppers Under The Bridge
017 Joe Pass Night And Day
018 Jimmy Page Led Zeppelin Stairway To Heaven 6-u. 12-sait. Git., schaltbar mit CTL 1
019 Eric Johnson East Wes
020 George Harrison The Beatles Day Tripper
021 Andy Summers The Police Every Breath You Take

Crunch (Blues-Rock´n´Roll)
022 Chuck Berry Johnny B. Goode
023 Hank Marvin The Shadows Apache
024 Robert Cray Right Next Door
025 John Lee Hooker Boom Boom
026 Robben Ford Revelation
027 Johnny Winter Be Careful With A Fool
028 Rory Gallagher Moonchild
029 Scotty Moore Elvis Presley Mystery Train
030 B.B. King Thrill Is Gone
031 Allen Collins Lynyrd Skynyrd Sweet Home Alabama
032 Keith Richards Rolling Stones Brown Sugar Open G Tuning, tiefe E-Saite aus
033 Billy Gibbons ZZ Top Tush
034 Brian Setzer Straycats Stray Cat Strut
035 Steve Cropper Blues Brothers Soulman

Distortion (Rock-Alternative)
036 Billy Joe Armstrong Green Day Boulevard Of Broken Dreams Tremolo mit CTL 1 ausschalten
037 Ace Frehley Kiss Detroit Rock City Eb Tuning (-1 Halbton)
038 Dave Grohl Foo Fighters Best Of You
039 Jimmy Page Led Zeppelin Kashmir DADGAD Tuning
040 Tom Delonge Blink 182 All The Good Things
041 Brian Adams Summer Of 69
042 Slash Guns´n´Roses Sweet Child O´Mine
043 Tony Iommi Black Sabbath Iron Man
044 Josh Homme Queens o. t. Stone Age No One Knows Drop C Tuning (-4 Halbtöne)
045 Kurt Cobain Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit
046 Alvin Lee Ten Years After I´d Love To Change The World
047 Lenny Kravitz Are You Gonna Go My Way
048 Jack White White Stripes Seven Nation Army
049 Carlos Santana Smooth
050 Jimi Hendrix Little Wing Eb Tuning, Uni Vibe mit CTL 1 ein/aus
051 Angus Young AC/DC Hells Bells
052 Eddie Van Halen Van Halen Ain´t Talking About Love Flanger mit CTL 1 einschalten
053 Gary Moore Still Got the Blues

Heavy Distortion (Heavy Metal-Nu Metal)
054 Dimebag Darrel Pantera Cowboys From Hell
055 Paul Landers Rammstein Rammstein
056 Tom Morello Rage Against t. Machine Killing In The Name Of Drop D Tuning
057 Fast Eddie Clarke Motörhead Ace Of Spades Eb Tuning (-1 Halbton)
058 Daron Malakian System Of A Down The Cocaine Makes Me Feel...
059 Kerry King Slayer Angel Of Death
060 James Hetfield Metallica Enter Sandman

Synth Sounds
061 Nik Kershaw Wouldn´t It Be Good Synth & Gitarre
062 Pat Metheny Are You Going With Me GR-300

guitari

Thanks for posting these - I would love to see some more patches posted in general this is very cool.

balonero

most of patches is cool
good job

thanks

balonero

Brent Flash

Quote from: balonero on May 28, 2009, 03:18:19 PM
most of patches is cool
good job

thanks

balonero
Welcome to the group balonero!  :)

Elantric

Use the VG-99 Librarian 1.01 -( throw away the VG-99 CD, must download the latest Roland VG-99 Librarian first)

embers

Make sure you backup all of your existing patches first.

acousticglue

Might someone be kind enough to take the patches from the set lists of these and post them as .mid files so others could share them without retribution of the original poster? I haven't used any of these since I still can't get librarian to work right on my system.

A2theT

Well, maybe someone will but I find it strange you can't get librarian to work.  Maybe I'm just wierd but I have like 5 or 6 computers (some are just lying around) but in our house theres 4 that are always used and I have used librarian on three totally different systems with no problems.  one is my HP laptop and librarian worked fine on both vista nd windows 7 on that sucka.  Oh and it also worked on an Acer netbook I owned for 2 weeks.   It also works on my Frankenstein PC in my studio as well as my home theatre PC.  Why can't you get librarian to work?  Do you have an ATARI or Commodore64?  All kidding aside, maybe we can help you with your problem.
Does the VG editor work?  What OS are you running?  What Firmware is your VG?  are you connecting it to your computer via USB?  if so, is it connected to a USB2 port?
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

acousticglue

Quote from: A to the T on November 01, 2009, 05:00:10 PM
Well, maybe someone will but I find it strange you can't get librarian to work.  Maybe I'm just wierd but I have like 5 or 6 computers (some are just lying around) but in our house theres 4 that are always used and I have used librarian on three totally different systems with no problems.  one is my HP laptop and librarian worked fine on both vista nd windows 7 on that sucka.  Oh and it also worked on an Acer netbook I owned for 2 weeks.   It also works on my Frankenstein PC in my studio as well as my home theatre PC.  Why can't you get librarian to work?  Do you have an ATARI or Commodore64?  All kidding aside, maybe we can help you with your problem.
Does the VG editor work?  What OS are you running?  What Firmware is your VG?  are you connecting it to your computer via USB?  if so, is it connected to a USB2 port?

Yes the librarian has been downloaded to other computers and works but for some registry or something reason it won't work on my studio PC. It's a 1 off anamoly but have tried just about everything. I have posted some results to Systernals website and MS website forums to no avail yet. I ran Process Monitor while it loads up and all I see is it makes an appcompat.txt file and gives a AeDebug crash when is opened. It usually does so right before showing a Tahoma font crash yet Tahoma is there and works.I have tried many things including switching fonts on startup and still no dice. I have replaced registry entries off of working computer and no dice. I am running XP Pro and this is the only problem I have. I run all types of of stuff on box with no issues but this. I have cleaned off everything I don't use or intend to use and still crash remains. The editor works fine but Librarian doesn't. I have hand cleaned registry and reloaded and still no dice. I work on servers for a living so this is a minute issue that could probagbly be remedied by reloading OS but do not choose to do so until I find out what broke it. Comctl32.dll contols shell commands and the files I have are the same on more than one box.

s0c9

Sounds like an incompatibility somewhere !!

I've run librarian on Wintel 32-bit [XP Pro/SP3] Lenovo laptop, AMD x64 with XP64/SP2 and Win7 RTM on same AMDx64 without an issue.
I do not have a developer machine handy at home, so maybe I'll trace the load on my work machine and see what its doing - If I can get some spare time in the next day or so.
I've seen fonts do some weird sh*t, but this hasn't been one of them.

acousticglue

If you give me an upload spot I can upload the Process Monitor from Microsoft output.

Event Type:   Error
Event Source:   Application Error
Event Category:   None
Event ID:   1000
Date:      10/29/2009
Time:      8:05:03 PM
User:      N/A
Computer:   AUDIO-HOME
Description:
Faulting application vg9l.exe, version 1.0.1.2, faulting module vg9l.exe, version 1.0.1.2, fault address 0x00001fb8.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74   Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c   ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 76 67 39   ure  vg9
0018: 6c 2e 65 78 65 20 31 2e   l.exe 1.
0020: 30 2e 31 2e 32 20 69 6e   0.1.2 in
0028: 20 76 67 39 6c 2e 65 78    vg9l.ex
0030: 65 20 31 2e 30 2e 31 2e   e 1.0.1.
0038: 32 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66   2 at off
0040: 73 65 74 20 30 30 30 30   set 0000
0048: 31 66 62 38 0d 0a         1fb8.. 

A2theT

Well, if it were me..I would reload the OS. Maybe jump to Windows 7.  But anyway, have you tried installing vmware and a lite version of XP to ensure that its not a hardware problem with USB or something weird.  Definitely looks software related.  Maybe Roland should look at it.
Do you have any other MIDI devices connected to your computer?  i.e. midi cards or on board midi?  if so, I'd unplug or disable them.  maybe even go in your bios and disable everything not required.  (com ports, LPR, on board audio chipset etc...)

Just a thought.  Good luck and let us know if you ever figure it out.
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

acousticglue

I do have USB for Pod XT Pro plugged in but not turned on. I have given this some consideration. Otherwise, the system is tweaked and this is the only failure I have on it. I have emailed myself reg keys from work (it works here), to see if this might be different. Roland has been contacted several times but has roadie running support so I cannot get this info to the company doing the software to see what is issue. He had no clue when I called.

admin

Unplug the POD!

Even powered OFF - the POD XT Pro's USB I/O  will be powered from your PC's USB bus, and this is very likely your problem.

acousticglue

I will give try but the Editor has no issues.

pwatsky

As a newbie forgive me if this too obvious or repetitious...

I don't want to add all of the collection plus I have patches that I have already added to my VG. Isn't it possible for the creator of the collection to send each patch individually so we can pick and choose what we like??

Thanks. ???

A2theT

yes but thats why they provide the librarian.  it allows you to pick and choose whatever you want, move patches around in whatever order or banks etc.   asking someone to individually post all the patches is way more work than necessary.  personally, i won't be doing it but if someone has lots of time on their hands then feel free.  my 2 cents.
HEAVY on the METAL

admin

QuoteI don't want to add all of the collection plus I have patches that I have already added to my VG. Isn't it possible for the creator of the collection to send each patch individually so we can pick and choose what we like??

Contact them

(must speak German)
http://www.soundsderhelden.de/soundsderhelden.html

acousticglue

Tested with Pod XT Pro USB unplugged and still no dice on Librarian.

A2theT

Well, I have some good news for you.  I decided to try and dupe your problem and.... success.   Problem is I didn't have to do anything special to dupe it because its now happening to me.  I launch the program and if I first move the mouse over to the "File" heading I can get it to crash.
Here's a screenshot.  Same error and same fault so it must be a software bug/compatibility issue.

so now you have some company.  guess i'll have to work on fixing this on the weekend.  lol.
HEAVY on the METAL

A2theT

I just installed it on this same computer in a WinXP sandbox via vmware and it works fine and doesn't crash so I'm confident that the app compatibility will be with some development pack it was built on and not a usb driver or device as I have them all shared in vmware.
HEAVY on the METAL

A2theT

Ok so I've gotten further with our problem but I'm getting tired and have to get up in 4 hours.   Anyway, I created a new user account in Windows XP and just switched users and windows logged in and when I launched the Librarian it worked fine.  So It got to be something registry related.  Next step will be to look at all the .dll files in the appcomp crash log and search for them all, then rename them to old and copy the working ones from my winxp sandbox install and see if it changes anything.  If its reg related and an uninstall and deleting all reg keys doesnt work then it must be referencing something different with my main user account than it does with my new one.....  very strange.

So Acousticglue, our short term fix for the librarian would be to create another account in windows XP via control panel/user accounts. 

Can you log in and tell me that librarian is now working for you on your computer but under a different account? (i hope).
HEAVY on the METAL

acousticglue

Actually this is the 2nd time I've tried this and no it doesn't work for me. It still crashes.

Note: I tried with account that was already created first then created new. I did edit the scheme when logged in. Then tried. failure. Tried again not editing scheme with new user and still no success.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="VG9L.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="VG9E.exe" SIZE="2334720" CHECKSUM="0x80E645BB" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.1.2" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.1.2" PRODUCT_VERSION="1, 0, 1, 2" FILE_DESCRIPTION="VG-99 Editor" COMPANY_NAME="Roland Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="VG9E" FILE_VERSION="1.01" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="VG9E.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="VG9E" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2007 Roland Corp." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x246A3B" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.1.2" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.1.2" LINK_DATE="07/17/2007 01:15:50" UPTO_LINK_DATE="07/17/2007 01:15:50" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="VG9L.exe" SIZE="1839104" CHECKSUM="0x3A124D36" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.1.2" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.1.2" PRODUCT_VERSION="1, 0, 1, 2" FILE_DESCRIPTION="VG-99 Librarian" COMPANY_NAME="Roland Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="VG9L" FILE_VERSION="1.01" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="VG9L.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="VG9L" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright (C) 2007 Roland Corp." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x1C82DA" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.0.1.2" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0.1.2" LINK_DATE="07/17/2007 01:19:15" UPTO_LINK_DATE="07/17/2007 01:19:15" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
    <MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="989696" CHECKSUM="0x2D998938" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.090321-1317)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xFE572" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.5781" LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:06:58" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/21/2009 14:06:58" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

A2theT

Ok, well I now have a fix for the problem (for me anyway) and I'm seeing exactly the same fault as you.

I created a new account in windows called TEST. 
I set a password on the account (required for it to work properly). 
Then I right click on the Librarian and choose RUN AS user TEST.

It works perfectly and never crashes now.

So I think I will investigate HKey Local User and see what is causing this debaucle.

Roland should try and debug it.

I have an inspector program that was able to generate a crash log.  I found some strange stuff in it but nothing that pinpoints to the problem.  I blew away everything relates to VG-99 Librarian in HKeyCurrentUser but no dice.
HEAVY on the METAL