GR-55 - Need to fake harmony for song Your Love- The Outfield

Started by jcifuentes, July 30, 2014, 09:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcifuentes

Hi,
Anyone has any ideas on how to make  a fake harmony for the solo in the song "your love" by the Outfield? I had a killer patch on the GT-10, just to find out GR-55 doesn't provide intelligent harmony. Here is the patch so far I came up with, just needs that darn harmony!
Thanks

greekjgg

I play this live myself....I stick to just the GR55 for the moment so I dance around the lack of "harmony" in a 80's rock cover band pretty well....I listened to your patch...its very close to what I have...mine is a pinch dirtier and a PINCH more chorus...that helps "compensate" for lack of harmony....most don't even care for a song like this. There is nothing demanding a 100% accurate tone for a song like this. I'm typically very anal about replicating as close as possible. IE...Livin' On a Prayer WITH a Talkbox or NOT A ALL....  I don't even play the interlude exact. I used to...now I try and play licks to other songs within it...sorta a "mini" mashup...... 

Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

jcifuentes

Thanks! I'll try to thicken it up with the chorus. I can actually play the harmony with my other finger, I forgot I had 4 I could use(haha), it's just the GT-10 was good for stuff like that...

MartinHetherington

I've had this issue - there is only one way around it and it's not really intelligent harmonising, but pitch shifting. It is to use the modelling guitar feature and shift the pitch in the settings. Switching it and and off can be done via the Ctl pedal to switch the modelled guitar on and off. Shite but good enough for the one and only song I use it for.

Mrchevy

If you combine the NORMAL GUITAR with a MODELED guitar in ALT TUNING, wouldn't that work. Just tune the modeled guitar an octave up or the 5th or what ever it is. The ALT tuning can be switched on/off with CTL.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones