VoiceLive 2 vs. VoiceLive 3?

Started by Chumly, July 26, 2014, 11:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chumly

Given I have a VL2 that's rarely used as I do not play live anymore, I wonder if the purchase of the VL3 would be much of an asset?

I suppose if I sold the VL2 and bought the VL3 and then sold the "free" VoiceSolo FX150 the cost difference would not be too onerous however I would have to get this together under a very tight deadline using USA eBay (Canadian prices on the VL3 are absurd).

I live in Vancouver Canada thus I would have to have it shipped to Hagen's of Blaine and then drive down to Blaine from Vancouver and then ensure the rebate process was completed under a rather tight deadline as I am sure those that recently made this purchase understand.

Sounds like a lot of hoop-jumping unless there is some strong advantage of the VL3 versus the VL2 for my home studio application that could not be supplanted by my DAW (Sonar X3) and/or plug-ins and/or my VL2 and/or my other hardware.

For me the features of VL3 do not have to be real-time and I do not care about the on-board guitar processing.

Perhaps I am wrong however in that I am missing something about the new VL3 that I cannot accomplish already and would be of real use for my home studio application?
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

Elantric