Line-6 Spider V amps

Started by Elantric, September 27, 2016, 08:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

http://line6.com/spider-v

INTRODUCING
SPIDER V
Tonally Evolved
With the new Spider® V, you'll never be short on inspiration. Featuring updated amp and effects modeling, an accessible modern design, and a full-range speaker system, Spider V is the most impressive Spider we've ever created..

Choose from over 200 updated amps, cabs and effects models

Instantly access legendary sounds with Artist and Iconic Rig presets

Get exceptional depth and clarity for both electric and acoustic guitars via the specialized speaker system

Quickly dial-in your tone with color-coded controls

Go wireless via an internal wireless receiver with Relay® compatibility*.

More info here:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line-6-introduces-the-new-spider-v-series.1749664/page-2#post-22731628

GuitarBuilder

I wonder if the modeling is the same as in Helix?
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Elantric

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Elantric

https://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/spider-remote/id1118170090?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

https://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/spider-remote/id1118170090?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=2

Download the Spider V Remote IOS app - it allows you to test drive the Spider V Amp and review all available Stomps, Amps , and FX and signal routing options - no Line-6 hardware required

Description
Spider Remote is a graphical editor and device management app for use with Line 6 Spider V guitar amplifiers.

Connect to a Spider V via Lightning cable to browse, download, edit and save your guitar tones. 

An active connection to a Spider V amp is not required to browse and edit tones, and tones can be saved in the user's Line 6 account.

KEY FEATURES

• Take command of your Spider –all 70+ amps, 104 effects, 20 speaker cabinets using 8 simultaneous guitar effects

• Remotely control Spider V device parameters
• Search thousands of user-created tones online in the Tones tab

• Share and rate tones in the cloud
• Store unlimited tones in the cloud
• Share tones via Twitter and Facebook from within Spider Remote

Elantric

vtgearhead

Sounds like a serious buzz-box on the overdriven portion of the demo. 

jem7sk

When are you getting one of these Elantric?  I'd love to hear your review.  I just ordered (yesterday) V30 at 20% off.. couldn't resist the deal.  Can't wait to try it.  You've still got me jonesing for a Katana though.

Elantric

I played Spider V last month at Sam Ash

No interest here

But If you love your Line 6 gear and sounds  go for it

Idgolfguy

How does it compare against the Katana range?

I still have my PocketPod and find it useful as I can drive CC and patch changes via my Iphone and Blueboard/BT4.

The models sounds are still quite serviceable.

Elantric

Tight cold and lifeless , poor dynamic range in the Spider tradition is my opinion on Spider V

Might appeal to a Metal player

I have enough of those tones in my HD500x and Firehawk

Nothing like the Katana's feel  and Tone which I find a true breakthrough for a DSP Guitar Amp

jem7sk

I'm an 80's hard rock and hair metal player and I have liked what I have heard and seen.  There is a guy at TGP who has similar taste as I who just got one and loved it so I am hoping I will too.  It seems to be the perfect home practice amp.  You probably saw it posted there but the same guy sent his Katana 50 back.  I know you like (Elantric) the 100 much better.  Would the 100 Katana make a good bedroom amp?

jem7sk

My new Spider V 30 arrived this weekend and I really love it.  IMO it is the perfect bedroom/office practice amp and sound really good... I was not all that pleased with the presets but once I edited it I was quickly and easily able to dial in a great tone.  It has a nice full sound with plenty of bass.  I installed the Spider Remote app on my iPad and found there was a firmware update.  That was the simplest update I've ever done.. really the iPad app did all the work.  As fun and easy as it is to edit the amp from the front panel it is more fun and easier to edit from the app.  This is the only amp I have that you can play music or YouTube videos through and it sounds really good like studio monitors.  I was able to play it through the iPad's lightning cable into the USB connection same as the app.  I'm really satisfied with this amp.

Elantric

Enjoy

Everyone one has different goals ears experience and needs

In my case I played a Spyder V and after a few minutes realized this is the same Line-6 sound ,which 80% of the time doesn't work for me ,but I can see the value of the  Spider V's design and features for home practice.

But Each person has different ears, and expectations on the intangible quality of "feel" that only genuine "play time" with the actual amp under review conveys to the player 

For me it's not in the same league as Katana

jem7sk

Quote from: Elantric on December 06, 2016, 07:38:00 AM
Enjoy

Everyone one has different goals ears experience and needs

In my case I played a Spyder V and after a few minutes realized this is the same Line-6 sound ,which 80% of the time doesn't work for me ,but I can see the value of the  Spider V's design and features for home practice.

But Each person has different ears, and expectations on the intangible quality of "feel" that only genuine "play time" with the actual amp under review conveys to the player 

For me it's not in the same league as Katana

Yeah I know what you mean... I want to try the Katana someday and see what I think about it.  Where the V30 is the perfect size for a bedroom player like me would the Katana (100) work in the same space?  Do you have a go to amp at home Elantric?  I can see where the Katana would be great on stage and seems everyone who loves it gigs it.

It is hard to find a combo amp that sounds good in the bedroom.  The V30 does :)

Elantric

QuoteDo you have a go to amp at home Elantric?

My Katana 100-112 combo sounds ( and feels) best and is now my #1 for all occasions ,  its what works for me  - and at home I use the 0.5 watt power mode or headphones  -  I'm tripping over '65 Fender Deluxe Reverb, 66' Vox Ac 30 Top Boost, 72 Vibrolux Reverb, 1989 Red knob Twin, Cube-80XL, Yamaha THR-10, BlackStar IDCore 40 ,  Axe-FX, Helix, Kemper, Mustang III, Firehawk 1500, Tone Americana Evil Robot, Vetta II , VG-99, GP-10, GR-55, HD500, Mustang Floor, Vox Tonelab SE, GSP-1101 - and more  etc.

But I spend time at girlfriends place with Katana Head with ATH-M50X headphones on weekends and I'm impressed with the Katana's touch , tone, and feel and no latency - even lower than Kemper.