Show us your VGuitar gear ...

Started by GrinPicker, March 09, 2009, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DML

Just in time for tonight's first gig with this set up:

Boss GT-1000core, Gibson Explorer 2018, Höfner travel guitar, 4x Framus Renegade Pro, Framus Panthera, Framus Panthera Custom 7, G&L Asat, Rocktron/Egnater Velocity Valve, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L Road Ready, Voes MX12 midi controller, Ovation 2078TX-5 Elite, PJB Cub II - AG150.

Elantric

Excellent work?

Will you sell woodwork plans for building a clone?

DML

Sell? Are you out of your mind??  ;D

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to share sizes and what materials to use.
Boss GT-1000core, Gibson Explorer 2018, Höfner travel guitar, 4x Framus Renegade Pro, Framus Panthera, Framus Panthera Custom 7, G&L Asat, Rocktron/Egnater Velocity Valve, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L, 2x Mesa Thiele EVM12L Road Ready, Voes MX12 midi controller, Ovation 2078TX-5 Elite, PJB Cub II - AG150.

mbenigni

Quote from: DML on September 03, 2015, 08:21:02 AM
Sell? Are you out of your mind??  ;D

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to share sizes and what materials to use.

Great work, and a great attitude!

whippinpost91850

DML great job, Would love the info . Thanks Paul

robilo

Typical weekly setup for church.

Godin Xtsa
GR-55
RME UFX, XLR balanced to PA
TC Electronics G Force
RME Totalmix running on iPad II, USB hardwired
Anchor monitors
(2) Audio-Technica PRO 47 TL
Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart. Andres Segovia

DML

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on September 03, 2015, 02:07:39 PM
DML great job, Would love the info . Thanks Paul

Finaly, here is the info :)

The whole construction consists of 18mm plywood (birch).
The lower board is 835 x 375mm.
The upper board is 835 x 185mm.
The sides are also 18mm thick and 68mm high. Left side measures 100mm wide, right side is 60mm wide and
the front panel is 835mm wide.
To keep the back of the GT accessible you want to open up the upper board, so you need two or three hinges and two magnets.
Paint is black latex paint, three or four layers. Apply with a paint roller.

slooky

Quote from: romero on February 27, 2015, 06:23:28 PM
Hey folks here is mod #2 for my Yamaha RGX-A2 I took my external GK3 and drilled a path through the body to hide the wire to the control box and relocated the box next to the other controls

and put a new EL wire binding on for live light show, this pic was taken in a decent lit room so actually it is much brighter in bar lighting

I like that! how did you attach the glow stick?

Headless68

looking through some old pics and thought I would share this one - think I was about 19 - my first guitar synth! (and first mullet hair cut)

guitarnstuff

This is my GP10 rig. It has two KMI Softsteps, a 3.0 USB hub, the GP10, three expression pedals, a 2015 Apple laptop i5 with SSD drive running Apple Mainstage 3.0. I use Bias Desktop Professional for the amp sims but all other effects are currently stock Mainstage audio effects and softsynths. It all collapses into one need manageable box with the cords intact which minimizes set up and tear down. The guitar is a Carvin AE185 with a custom installed GK internal kit. My amp is a Motion Sound KPS200s stereo keyboard amp. Lots of fun with so much sonic flexibility it makes my head spin. This was first night out of the house with it.

sixeight

Quote from: guitarnstuff on October 01, 2015, 08:23:06 PM
This is my GP10 rig.

Great rig. Nice case as well. Home built?

I think one day I will go this way too. I am just worried the Macbook will be too slow or unreliable for live use on stage.

mbenigni

guitarnstuff

Quote from: sixeight on October 01, 2015, 10:56:29 PM
Great rig. Nice case as well. Home built?

I think one day I will go this way too. I am just worried the Macbook will be too slow or unreliable for live use on stage.

Yes, this is home built. I started with a stair step configuration with one of the Softsteps in the front bottom, then the GP10 and expression pedals on a middle step and then a Softstep on the top. I didn't like riding the expression pedals with my foot that high and my foot didn't cleanly access the front Softstep, so I changed it to this configuration and it is much better. I feel really cleaver that the stand (a cut down mic stand) and computer tray store in the top lid (broom holders for the mic stand and velcro for the computer tray.

As for reliability of the Mac in this configuration... I did have a few oops the other day but I found that I #1) could change the buffer settings to get better CPU to latency balance. The latency with these new settings is not notable (to my realtime playing experience) and the CPU isn't maxing out. Other errors have been about me learning the Mainstage software... in otherwords, operator error. Too early to tell for a full endorsement but it seems to be stable. It helps that this is a dedicated computer for this purpose (if I can keep my wife from borrowing it) ;D  and I don't have to then jump on OS or software upgrades until I've researched compatibility.

I'm loving Positive Grid Bias Desktop Professional amp sim. I'd love to convert to Bias FX Desktop Professional for the pedals but I'm grumpy about the low discount on the "cross-upgrade" after I bought Bias only about a month before FX was released. However, I am so impressed with the Bias software that my GAS will overtake my grumpiness in the near future. I'll have to dig some more gear out of the "not used closet" to finance that purchase. Ha! In the meantime, the pedals and "rack gear" provided in Mainstage 3 are quality. I didn't like the amp sims that came with Mainstage 3 but they aren't aweful.

I've been having fun blending in Acoustics/Banjos/etc from the GP10 with mag pickup sounds from BIAS, with the many cool AU Softsynths available in Mainstage 3 (organs, strings, pads). The new Alchemy synth update from Apple is amazing!  It also contains a looper which I control with the top SoftStep. My next project is to figure out how to have different midi soft synths for each string. I'd like to have some softsynth bass options on the bottom two strings and other options for the top strings. More time looking at the manual and poking around on YouTube!

Chris

Magiamusical

This my new live setup, I just finished a new pedalboard to fit the GR-55 and the GP-10. The thing that doesn't work is the velcro on the FS-5U, it just keeps falling. Going to check if I can remove the rubber so that the velcro sticks more securely.  Not in the picture JTV-89 and a Godin XTSA.
Godin LGXT, Les Paul Studio w/GK3, JTV89F w/GK3, GR-55

Frankster

Just arrived this morning, Fender GC-1 Stratocaster, used but in near perfect condition. Still had the plastic film covering the pickguard, who does that? I'm not the world's biggest fan of sunbursts but this one's done really well and the setup is first class.

neshel

Headless68

I love people who keep the plastic on for years ....ready for me to take it off and make a second user item look new -
:-)

Frankster

I can understand if it's kept in a smoky environment but this thing is pristine.

By contrast, my HSS 2005 Strat had a sticker left on the backplate and the previous owner must have been a chain smoker. All the plastic had turned an unpleasant shade of brown and when I peeled away the sticker I was left with a circular white patch. I just replaced all the plastic and gave the whole guitar a clean with Zippo lighter fuel, thing's pristine now but there was some thoroughly unpleasant nicotine washing off it.

neshel

Eh-ehhh-ehh. Some people are loose, some ain't. I'm particularly not.

aliensporebomb

Quote from: Headless68 on November 04, 2015, 04:53:41 AM
I love people who keep the plastic on for years ....ready for me to take it off and make a second user item look new -
:-)

I just did that.  I ended up getting a standard stratocaster for almost $300 off the purchase price because the plastic film had been left on and it bubbled and made a gooey mess of the guitar and it was in bad need of cleaning.  The frets needed a light sanding and the whole body, neck and fretboard just needed some elbow grease. 

The guitar was basically one of those 60th anniversary affairs but it was unplayed but just needed a good cleaning.  After a few hours it looks brand new:
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

BobbyD

Quote from: guitarnstuff on October 02, 2015, 11:53:15 AM
Yes, this is home built. I started with a stair step configuration with one of the Softsteps in the front bottom, then the GP10 and expression pedals on a middle step and then a Softstep on the top. I didn't like riding the expression pedals with my foot that high and my foot didn't cleanly access the front Softstep, so I changed it to this configuration and it is much better. I feel really cleaver that the stand (a cut down mic stand) and computer tray store in the top lid (broom holders for the mic stand and velcro for the computer tray.

As for reliability of the Mac in this configuration... I did have a few oops the other day but I found that I #1) could change the buffer settings to get better CPU to latency balance. The latency with these new settings is not notable (to my realtime playing experience) and the CPU isn't maxing out. Other errors have been about me learning the Mainstage software... in otherwords, operator error. Too early to tell for a full endorsement but it seems to be stable. It helps that this is a dedicated computer for this purpose (if I can keep my wife from borrowing it) ;D  and I don't have to then jump on OS or software upgrades until I've researched compatibility.

I'm loving Positive Grid Bias Desktop Professional amp sim. I'd love to convert to Bias FX Desktop Professional for the pedals but I'm grumpy about the low discount on the "cross-upgrade" after I bought Bias only about a month before FX was released. However, I am so impressed with the Bias software that my GAS will overtake my grumpiness in the near future. I'll have to dig some more gear out of the "not used closet" to finance that purchase. Ha! In the meantime, the pedals and "rack gear" provided in Mainstage 3 are quality. I didn't like the amp sims that came with Mainstage 3 but they aren't aweful.

I've been having fun blending in Acoustics/Banjos/etc from the GP10 with mag pickup sounds from BIAS, with the many cool AU Softsynths available in Mainstage 3 (organs, strings, pads). The new Alchemy synth update from Apple is amazing!  It also contains a looper which I control with the top SoftStep. My next project is to figure out how to have different midi soft synths for each string. I'd like to have some softsynth bass options on the bottom two strings and other options for the top strings. More time looking at the manual and poking around on YouTube!

Chris

Hey Chris...maybe you can shed some light on my questions because I see you are using two Soft Step controllers and also mention about using modelling software like Positive Grid Amp Sim.  Here is a link to my thread with my questions:  Thanks so much.  https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16656.0

mooncaine

Quote from: Headless68 on September 20, 2015, 11:31:35 AM
looking through some old pics and thought I would share this one - think I was about 19 - my first guitar synth! (and first mullet hair cut)
Bad!

Headless68

I Know- it was the 80's though :-) (Steinberger's came next Moonie)

mooncaine

:) I meant bad in a good way, as in badass, as in, whoa, that photo is BAD, dude! Great capture of the times, the hair, the guitar, the small-apartment-stacked-to-the-ceiling, the daylight-in-blinds-means-i-probably-work-nights.... it takes me back.

CodeSmart

This exact brand new xtSA Koa thing is to be sent to me from Denmark tomorrow, thanks to Shanti...
He will also supply my first FTP. A new experience ahead... ;D
I'll give somekind of review when I tried it compared to my other GK guitars.
For us in Europe Godin Guitars are very rare and Shanti has kindly provided my a possibility to get this Guitar at great price and service. Hats off, Shanti  :D

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!