Started by Macciza, June 28, 2011, 12:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumbo

Quote from: Macciza on June 24, 2014, 08:39:30 PM
Hi All
Still in Sydney - not gigging . . .
If anyone is passing thru could possibly catch up
MM

I'll be there (very!) briefly in mid-August..  will PM you nearer the time to see if you're around..

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

neophytte

Quote from: Macciza on June 24, 2014, 08:39:30 PM
Still in Sydney - not gigging . . .
If anyone is passing thru could possibly catch up

Damn, missed you - we were there in January for Australia Day.

Syph

Rule 5.
I don't want to catch anyone not drinking in their tents after 10pm.
Rule 6.
There is no rule 6.
Best 2 rules ever, thanks Bruce!  ;D

Anywho, heyo all!
I have been trolling around these parts for a while, very glad to find a little aus crew! I am up in Brisbane these days, but have spent some time in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and the Northern Rivers (though I haven't played at the Richmond or Gilhooleys for a good few years now) though never been out WA way (sorry to exclude you there Richard)
I joined the forum a few years back for the RC300/looping sections (only decent place on the net to about it) but have subsequently been slowly expanding out to different topics and I am becoming very curious about the VG series.

Dare I ask if anyone is keen to meet/greet/dissect a VG with me/jam around the Brisbane region?

Oh, I'm not a guitarist BTW. Damn things are way too small and fiddly... (mutters)   
I'm a ER bassy with with loop stations and too many FX to boot. Or a Macbook. Which is practically the same thing, right?  ::)

Elantric

BackDAWman

Thanks Steve! This will be the first gig with my new X32. The Presonus 16.4.2 died too many times mid gig to be trusted. The X32 seems bulletproof so far...

taupo_axeman

Hi guys. I'm about to do a big 3 month UK trip so timing is not good!
...But thought I would add a bookmark for my enthusiasm for a VG jam/meet in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area (could be the start of something good!, or the worst noise in history :). As long as a pub is close by I'm in!  Will check back here in November.
https://www.gigbag.app/
Guitars: 1975 Strat, Godin XTSA, Maton Acoustic, Roland GC1
Amp:Tech 21 Trademark 60
P.A.: Mackie SRM 450's, 15 Mackie Active Subs
Floor: Boss GP-10, VG8 EX, VG-88
Studio: Logic Pro, Omnisphere, Korg Triton, Tria Event speakers
www.tasmanhoppers.com/music/

Syph

Congrats on the UK trip Taupo_Axeman, sounds like fun!

BackDAWman, hope the you have a good gig tonight, wish I could make it down but my ebike only has a 40km range....
Dare I ask who you are playing with?

BackDAWman

Playing with my daughter and her boyfriend in The Insomniacs. We're an 80's cover band.

Syph

Well!!!  ;D

It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Dixon, please pass on my greetings and well wishes to Tory and Dan! It has been quite a while since I had the pleasure of their company, let alone a good jam session. I'll really have to try and make it down for a show at some point, would love to catch up with them, and preferably over a good pint...

Oh, and that does look like a fun song list you have there!

taupo_axeman

Quote from: Syph on July 17, 2014, 08:48:09 PM
Congrats on the UK trip Taupo_Axeman, sounds like fun!

....my ebike only has a 40km range....

Cheers Syph yes a big trip ahead including a reunion with my old London Heavy Rock band... After 35 years be interesting to see how many of us are still left with hearing and brain cells  :P
BTW never been brave enough to test the full range of my ebike  :)
https://www.gigbag.app/
Guitars: 1975 Strat, Godin XTSA, Maton Acoustic, Roland GC1
Amp:Tech 21 Trademark 60
P.A.: Mackie SRM 450's, 15 Mackie Active Subs
Floor: Boss GP-10, VG8 EX, VG-88
Studio: Logic Pro, Omnisphere, Korg Triton, Tria Event speakers
www.tasmanhoppers.com/music/

Syph

Ah!
Stringed things, pedals and ebikes... Damn i love the crew here!
Will have to make the time when you get back, but in the mean time enjoy the time with the old crew :)

BackDAWman

The Insomniacs playing at East Lismore Bowlo tomorrow night....

Syph

I'll make it to one of your shows eventually! I promise!!
...I just don't know when....

Hope the show was a good one!

BackDAWman

Major Good Vibes playing at The Richmond Hotel, Lismore tomorrow night  ;D

Idgolfguy

Thought I'd check to see who's around.
Used travel a bit due to work, now - it's just PERTH.

gumbo

Based in Adelaide..
..infrequent (these days) travel to see my kids in Sydney & Canberra...

Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Vaultnaemsae

I'm back in Sydney now (did the bolt from Korea) and active on the forum. My GP-10 had been seeing a lot of use live lately but suddenly no gigs for the foreseeable future here. Thinking to move to Melbourne. Any vguitar brethren down there?
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

Toff.

Here here :)
Melbourne based, gigs are harder to come these days, but I hear it is the same about everywhere now :/
Happy to meet 13 pins fellows.
Musical regards,

Toff.

Godin nylon ACS special edition (Light Burst Quilted Leaftop), Taylor T5 Classic, Fishman Triple Play, Roland GR-20, Roland GR-55, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Digitech Vocalist Live5, iConnectMidi2+