Antares ATG-1 DSP Guitar Modeler / Alt Tune / AutoTune

Started by Elantric, November 05, 2012, 10:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanceg

Quote from: Frank on November 16, 2012, 08:48:52 AM
Good point, this could be the start of a premium 6 channel upgrade kit option perhaps...

I talked to them last year at NAMM about this.  They seemed hesitant and wondered if there would be a market.  I would surely get one.  I LOVE the idea.

hippietim

I'd love something like this.  But a lot smaller.  This thing is as big as my pedalboard.

whippinpost91850

Yeah, I just had one shipped and I'm not sure how I'll be able to integrate it on stage. I'm afraid the size will be a big issue

drbill

GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

djidoe

I just ordered a custom rack to fit my AxeFx2 with the ATG-1. Cost me 700$ canadian... I' gigging once a week and need that kind of technology.

But I really would have picked up a standard 19" rack module rather than a big pedalboard...

whippinpost91850

I just received my ATG-1 yesterday. MAN THIS THING IS BIG. No time till Saturday to check it out.

drbill

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on February 03, 2016, 10:05:24 AM
I just received my ATG-1 yesterday. MAN THIS THING IS BIG. No time till Saturday to check it out.

The size and the MIDI issues (needs to be only unit connected to use its software) are keeping it out of my setup. So far, it has not been useful to me at all. Did I mention it's enormous?

I really don't have the tinkering time necessary to build the luthier kit into a box. So far it's been a disappointment.
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

whippinpost91850

Have to agree the size is overbearing and as it sits too big for my pedalboard. I'm been inside of it and it shouldn't be too hard to make it smaller, like you I just have to find the time. But sure would like to start using it

MichiganMike

I use a Godin xtsa with the ATG-1 Floor and TC-Helicon's VL3x. The ATG-1 is a monster and a bit of a pain on smaller stages and only once was the stage so small I couldn't use the ATG-1.

Alternatively, I'd like to see a rack version of the ATG-1 floor unit.

Godin xtSA, 1978 Fender Telecaster, Martin XC1T, Gibson Dobro, Trailwood Acoustic Bass
TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Antares ATG-1, Boss GP-10, BeatBuddy,  Focusrite, MOTU, FL-Studio Producer (all licenses)

whippinpost91850

I just ordered a project box big enough for the guts of an ATG-1 to make it smaller.. Mike I think I asked before where in Mich are you. Paul

Elantric

Custom labeled ATG-1 by Thomas Nordegg

Observe the new 1/4" Normal Guitar output Jack too.

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

whippinpost91850

I wonder how he switches from 13 pin output to normal guitar out?

Elantric

Observe the new 1/4" Normal Guitar output Jack on Rear

Its simply a straight connection from the ATG-1's GK input Pin #7 Mag Pickup signal.

Lets you employ an external A/B selector to Bypass the ATG-1

whippinpost91850

Ah, That makes since. I was hoping you could switch it via MIDI .. So straight guitar or Atg guitar

Elantric

aliensporebomb

So it's got a 13-pin in and a regular guitar in like a VG-99 has?  Okay nice - so what are we talking about for price point?  Is this thing out?  I've never seen one in person.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Elantric

Actually RTM -
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13067.0
ATG-1  has only a GK 13 input  and a GK 13 parallel output (no processing) and Stereo 1/4" TRS processed outputs

The mod" was adding a  new 1/4" normal PU Guitar output.  a straight connection from the ATG-1's GK input Pin #7 Mag Pickup signal input - to allow one 13 pin cable from the Guitar.

QuoteOkay nice - so what are we talking about for price point?

We have an active ATG-1 Group Buy for  the past 6 months
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16603.0

Elantric

QuoteIs there a way to get the normal mag pickups through to output on an ATG-1

We added a mag pickup Guitar Out Jack on the rear - see label on upper right in pic below)

Using the Mod that Thomas Nordegg and Ed Clothier did to my ATG-1 - its simply a hard wired 1/4" "Normal Guitar Output" jack fed from pin#7 of the Gk input jack

Requires a third party A/B selector box to choose ATG1 vs normal guitar signal.

Its easier on the ATG internal luthier kit  - there is a push pull pot to disable the ATG DSP modeling and feed the common 1/4" guitar output jack     

whippinpost91850

I would sure like that label as I know I'll add this MOD

whippinpost91850

Have you thought any more about an all in one Auto Tune, GR, FTP box mod?

Elantric

QuoteHave you thought any more about an all in one Auto Tune, GR, FTP box mod?

lots of thought - just no time,

I need more experience with the ATG Internal kit to determine the best implementation of the "mini GK 13 pin to ATG" box.

whippinpost91850

bbob

Maybe I missed it but I read thru the ATG-1 manual recently and it appears there is no way, using the ATG-1 expression pedal and a Godin LGX-SA, to blend in and out the mag pickup sound with the RMC pickup sound like you can with a VG-99 or GR-55. 

I would have to run a second cable from the LGX-SA electric out to a separate floor processor / pedal board.

Bob

Elantric

QuoteMaybe I missed it but I read thru the ATG-1 manual recently and it appears there is no way, using the ATG-1 expression pedal and a Godin LGX-SA, to blend in and out the mag pickup sound with the RMC pickup sound like you can with a VG-99 or GR-55. 

I would have to run a second cable from the LGX-SA electric out to a separate floor processor / pedal board.

Exactly!

And i have complained about this missing function  - not expected to see any changes 

explains why i modified my ATG-1 to add the missing "Normal Guitar Output" jack ( its a simple wire from pin #7 on the GK 13 pin input jack

See far left