VG-99 - Patch creation strategies for live gig needs.

Started by Elantric, February 24, 2008, 06:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

Those pesky machines!  ;D

My bass player accidentally got his tuner off calibration from 440 on a break. We come back playing some Aerosmith-Sweet Emotion, he startes it out. What a train wreck! As I am sure you can imagine!  :P

maxdaddy

I've fallen prey to that one too. Actually accused the keyboard player of being out of tune.   :-\

mooncaine

Quote from: Brent Flash on July 24, 2009, 06:37:03 AMMy bass player accidentally got his tuner off calibration from 440 on a break.

I did that to myself, with the VG-88, at a jam session. I don't know why I set the tuner to 442, but I must have, because that's eventually what I found. I couldn't figure out why I was out of tune. I could hear that my notes were wrong, but the machine swore I was in tune. I think I had switched it so I could answer a question in our vg-8@yahoo group, then forgot to switch it back.

aliensporebomb

I was demo-ing the VG to a group of friends and a friend of mine was standing nearby and his hand came down
absent mindedly on the ribbon controller (while I was playing using the ribbon slide patch) and he jumped about
two feet in the air when it started making all kinds of weird noises.  I had to laugh.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

fokof

Another tip for constructing a basic patch is that these things remembers all the different  FX in the multi FX and all the different modules in the COSM section.

If you save your patch with , let's say , a flanger as the FX in the multi-FX , when you change the FX and tweek a phaser and save the phaser on top , it's gonna remember the Flanger you tweaked before , same thing with the COSM section ,   so inside a single patch , with the help of the 16 controllers , you can completly change the sound without changing patch.

( there comes one of the advantage of having an FC300! )

kenact

Quote from: mooncaine on July 24, 2009, 03:16:37 PM
I don't know why I set the tuner to 442

I broke 2 high G strings on a 12string guitar before realizing my tuner was calibrated too high.   :o
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7