GR-55 Bass - Normal PU + distortion model + guitar feedback

Started by gumtown, April 27, 2011, 05:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumtown

This is a bit of an odd one, i made for use in a few songs where a sustained guitar feedback is required, while a regular bass line is played.
There are a few (5) assigns going on here and the Pedal functions too.
With EXP pedal heel down, only the Normal PU is heard via Amp and Cab sim.
The EXP toe down mixes in the modeled Hofner with overdrive, the EXP switch changes the octave down -1 on the modeled tone only, and adds delay effect.
I find this dry bass and distorted modeled bass an interesting blend, distortion without loosing the bottom end clean drive.
The CTL pedal switches on the two PCM synth tones, with another two assigns using the internal pedal to ramp up the PCM tone levels.
The PCM tones are distorted guitar feedback type sounds, and the CTL pedal will toggle on the Sound Hold of the PCM tones, and allowing normal bass playing to continue over the sustained guitar feedback.

one song i will try this in is ACDC -livewire, we only have one guitarist.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gregjon

That is awesome thanks.

I would like to be able to push on the GR-55 expression pedal and have a model bass tone and have the Volume pedal control it. Since I play a lot of bass with my regular guitar in a 2 man band, I need access to bass a lot. Sometimes I can get my partner to play some bass when there is a guitar lead that needs to be played and then I can finally play.

Can this be done no matter what Patch I happen to be playing?

Thanks

Greg
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat with GK3 pickup.
Godin Freeway SA
Godin Multiac Nylon SA
Fishman Triple Play
GR-55
GR-20
SUGS Selector
RFX Midi Foot Control Pedal
Ipad Air, Apps: Bias, Jam Up Pro, Flying Haggis, Tone Stack, Audiobus, Garage Band,