Roland G-707 headstock help

Started by Headless68, April 25, 2014, 06:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

Anyone out there with a G-707 who could trace me a template from the nut onwards with the dimensions on and email it ? ( phil_carnell 'at' yahoo.com )
I am putting a head on a guitar & I intend to go with the same shape as G-707 (but without the stabilizer bar).
Just got some really nice Hipshot locking tuners for it with SK1 pegs which are like Steinberger tuners.

think it should look like this (but with the Hipshot tuners):

neophytte

Elantric

I suspect the OP is seeking CAD style measurements (in millimeters) of the entire G-707 Headstock.

http://www.joness.com/gr300/service/G-707_SERVICE_NOTES.pdf
http://www.joness.com/gr300/G-707.html

Headless68

Yes that's the pic I edited to get my basic design - it's the measurements I am missing - I can roughly guess them but it would be good to know the originals

Cheers
Phil

Headless68

This is how my 'inspired by' design turned out in the end

Headless68

The guitar itself is almost finished - did test string up and set up and really pleased with tracking and feel

Headless68

took a few steps backward in order to take a few more forward
decided to lose the mag pickups and the Brian May trem system and go with a Kahler and an XY midi touch screen - pics will follow once I figure it all out.
:-)

mbenigni

Love the headstock.  A little bit Parker-like in its minimalism.

Yohanes

Quote from: Headless68 on July 03, 2014, 10:01:29 AM
took a few steps backward in order to take a few more forward
decided to lose the mag pickups and the Brian May trem system and go with a Kahler and an XY midi touch screen - pics will follow once I figure it all out.
:-)

Just curious to see a finished pic and how it perform, if you don't mind?
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

Headless68

.....version 36 ..... Khaler swapped for an original G-707 trem - same principle but more solid as it does not have all the small parts required for the fine tuners (not needed as the tuners lock anyway)
I dropped the XY as it was not 'fine' enough in real use sort of stepped plus started to use GP-10 and you really need a mag pickup as well as the hex to get the best out of that system

It still confuses everyone who see it as to 'what the hell it is' :-)

Headless68

This was with the XY in place ....

Yohanes

Thanks, great guitar, I wish you find it exciting to play with.
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50