Some fun for the bass players!

Started by Bill Ruppert, June 13, 2012, 09:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

fuzzfactory

oh man that is to good...."**** your sing" .......HAHAHAHAHA

imall41

most Excellent!
You made me laugh, I like to laugh :D

whippinpost91850

fuzzfactory

rolandvg99

Quote from: fuzzfactory on June 15, 2012, 03:56:58 AM
one for the guitarist  ;D

I've seen pro-players done worse. Ronnie Lee Tekrø, of the 80's norwegian hair metall band TNT, tried to power his way through an E-major song by playing overly loud in F# at a tribute concert some 15 years ago. The 9 other guitarist on stage wasn't too happy about it. In fact one pulled his chord after about 30 secs. Not everything works better after consuming flora... ;)
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Bill Ruppert

whippinpost91850

Me TOO!!!! happens on those fillin jobs, where they throw in something not on the list they gave you and you never heard the song :-[

Elantric

QuoteMe TOO!!!! happens on those fillin jobs, where they throw in something not on the list they gave you and you never heard the song :-[

Oh yea - I played a sit in gig with a female violinist and at the drop of the hat with no warning :

"Lets do Brown Eyed Girl - Key of Eb"

Of course I had only worked it out in the original key of G - and everyone was staring at me a silent 20 seconds as I  tried to wrap my brain on how i would transpose everything.

Wish I had my VG-99 or Variax to change my tuning but this was 9 years ago.

rolandvg99

Quote from: Bill Ruppert on June 15, 2012, 08:31:16 AM
I have been that guitar player!

Haven't we all. Nothing beats playing single notes fumbling around trying to find the right chords to play. That's why I play the blues...  ;D

aliensporebomb

Or worse, you're invited to some public jam and they want you to play some song you've never heard in your life that everyone else magically seems to know:

Keyboardist:  "Hey, let's play the Blue Weasel Lake regrettable date encounter song Number 4"
Me "Blue what?"
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

rolandvg99

I used to host the bluesjam at Notodden Bluesfestival with my fellow bandmates for about 10 years and have encountered loads of strange requests. Those I disliked the most was from people wanting to play songs featuring loads of chords and mood changes from obscure fusion like artists with a family related fanbase. That and "Real book" material. I'm no jazz man.

montyrivers

The bassist in my band is actually one of the most animated things on stage.  Me, on the other hand do little more than a little stepping around and headbanging while I keep track of my effects pedals.  xD

fuzzfactory

you kids crack me up!
i think at one point we have all been "that guy" hahahaha
can't teach that in school ya know fly by the seat of yer pants is a great way to learn 8)

kenact

Quote from: Elantric on June 15, 2012, 08:57:06 AM
"Lets do Brown Eyed Girl - Key of Eb"

Of course I had only worked it out in the original key of G - and everyone was staring at me a silent 20 seconds as I  tried to wrap my brain on how i would transpose everything.

You don't have a patch set up for every key in the musical alphabet?   ???

Time to capo.   8)
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6