VG-99 - Lo-fi stuff "Squeeze da Bomb"

Started by rolandvg99, June 23, 2012, 02:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandvg99

Soundclip from a strange combo I've stumbled upon. Lo-fi and gritty in the bottom. Played with finger muting and a percussive approach. Patch down below.

To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

LPHovercraft

That's pretty bad-ass out-of-the-box thinking!
Houston Haynes - LPHovercraft

G

post the patch ASAP
or you`re just SHOWING OFF!   ::)

rolandvg99

Will post it when I return from my vacation in about a week. Bottom 3 strings are made using "Crystal" down shifted 2 octaves and eq'ed. Top three strings uses "synth bass" shifted up and eq'ed. It's important to NOT play any full notes to get the effect recorded. I'm muting the strings with my left hand shifting the position to create the different textures in the top strings. Right hand drives the rhythm.

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Guitarbot

G

it is super fantastic and ingenius unconventional use of instruments.  i will be patient. . .  ;D

tekrytor

Very creative!  Sounds like a great way to do rhythm loops. Organic sounding and cool!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

rolandvg99

Thx. The patch is now uploaded. Play around.  8)

Smash

Ha-ha-haaaa! That really is da Bomb! Totally left of field thinking and I love it - you're creating some really out there patches. You're beginning to out Bill Rupert Bill Rupert!