MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus

Started by TieDyedDevil, November 30, 2011, 10:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TieDyedDevil

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

Elantric has mentioned this a couple of times for folks who need the FC-300 to send CC #s higher than 95. I have an EPP (MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus) on order for exactly that reason. I'll be programming the EPP to enable full control of my Eleven Rack from the FC-300.

My question: The EPP draws power from the MIDI port of the controlling device. Some devices, e.g. the VG-99, won't power the EPP. Has anyone here confirmed that the FC-300 will power the EPP?

Elantric

QuoteThe EPP draws power from the MIDI port of the controlling device. Some devices, e.g. the VG-99, won't power the EPP. Has anyone here confirmed that the FC-300 will power the EPP?

I anticipate you may have power problems

http://www.midisolutions.com/faqs.htm#Power

and may need the MidiSolutions Power Adapter for consistent results.

Report back with your findings on powering the EPP with the Roland FC-300 .

----

many folks make use with this product

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus

The MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus offers all of the functionality of the MIDI Solutions Event Processor, with 32 settings instead of the Event Processor's 10, and 8 variable storage locations instead of the Event Processor's 2. Each of the Event Processor Plus's 32 settings can be programmed with a unique MIDI processing function. By combining these settings the Event Processor Plus becomes an extremely powerful tool capable of processing MIDI events in almost any way imaginable. You can map MIDI events or ranges of MIDI events to other MIDI events, filter MIDI events or ranges of MIDI events, trigger MIDI events, toggle between MIDI events, sequence through MIDI events, scale or crossfade MIDI messages, transpose notes, scale velocities, map to and from System Exclusive, NRPN, Bank Select messages, store incoming values in variables for later use... the Event Processor is like a swiss army knife of MIDI processing products, an indispensable tool in any MIDI musician's arsenal.

The Event Processor Plus works by comparing each incoming MIDI event with each of its 32 settings. When an incoming MIDI event matches a setting, the event is processed according to that setting. By combining different settings for different incoming events, the Event Processor Plus becomes an extremely powerful tool capable of achieving virtually any combination of MIDI-processing functions.

Following is a list of the Event Processor Plus's functions, but better yet download the Programming Tools software and read the Guide to the Event Processor and Event Processor Plus by Bruce Wahler of Ashby Solutions. The Programming Tools software is free for download, quick to install, and contains lots of example files that demonstrate the many applications of the Event Processor Plus. And the Guide to the Event Processor and Event Processor Plus is a comprehensive guide that makes it easy to understand everything these amazing products are capable of!

Filter MIDI Events

Map MIDI Events

Trigger MIDI Events

Cycle Through a Sequence of MIDI Events

Turn Settings On and Off

Store Incoming Values in Variables

The Event Processor Plus is programmed by sending it MIDI System Exclusive messages (see FAQs - Programming). This is easily done with the MIDI Solutions Programming Tools software. Once programmed, the Event Processor Plus's settings are retained even after power is removed. The Event Processor Plus can be reprogrammed with new settings as often as needed.

The Event Processor Plus is MIDI-powered, and requires no batteries or power supply to operate with most MIDI products (see FAQs - Power and FAQs - LED for more information). A MIDI indicator LED lights up when the product is powered and flashes when MIDI data passes through it.

weight: 3.8 oz.
dimensions: 4-3/16" x 2-3/16" x 1-3/32"

Learn more about the MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus

Programming Tools software - spending a few minutes with the Programming Tools software is an excellent way to become familiar with the capabilities of the Event Processor Plus
Guide to the Event Processor and Event Processor Plus by Bruce Wahler of Ashby Solutions. Bruce Wahler of Ashby Solutions has written an excellent guide to the MIDI Solutions Event Processor and Event Processor Plus. This guide makes it easy to understand everything these amazing products are capable of!

Event Processor Plus Application Examples

Event Processor Plus Operating Instructions
How to order the MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus

Questions? Send us an email: info@midisolutions.com

TieDyedDevil

I'll wait and see before ordering the adapter.

I'm expecting the EPP on Monday or Tuesday; I'll let you know what I find...

TieDyedDevil

:)

Good news #1: The package arrived early!

Good news #2: The EPP powers up just fine when connected to the FC-300.

guitarno

I also have an Eleven Rack that I would like to control with an FC-300, as well as controlling the VG-99. I just got the VG-99 & FC-300, and have not had a chance to investigate what it will take to use them with the Eleven Rack yet. I'm afraid that I am no expert at MIDI parameters & control messages, so I hope this is not extremely involved. I hope I can avoid spending more money to get them to talk to each other. I might only need to change patches, FV, and maybe control some other parameters with the FC-300's other controller pedal. ???

I'd be interested to know how this worked out for you with the FC-300 & Eleven Rack. I'll have to start looking through the posts & documentation on the FC-300 so I can enough of an understanding of this to make it work for me.
Suhr Classic Pro SSS, PRS Hollowbody II Piezo, Breedlove Oregon Concerto E, Fractal FM3, Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special

Elantric

legacy link to old Anatek Line of  POCKET MIDI processors (discontinued)

http://www.izcorp.com/about/museum/

whippinpost91850

I still have a few old Anatek Midi processors lurking in my basement

Trevor

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on March 22, 2016, 12:20:31 PM
I still have a few old Anatek Midi processors lurking in my basement
Hey, if you get to looking around, and have/will sell the "Pocket Pedal" please keep me in mind, I need that, and don't want to go the Midi-Solutions "Pedal Controller" route, I want the no-PC dip-switch options, thanks.

whippinpost91850

Trevor, I'll check and see what I still have. It will be this weekend as work hours get in the way till then. Paul

gekomax

Hi there, sorry if I'm necroposting it......

I just bought an Midi solution event processor plus but I can't program it correctly. My goal is  to change channel for note on/off data I sent through it from a BOss S-1000 to an Integra-7 (I'm looking a method to change instrument from a midi pedalboard...)

Anyone has some experience about it?
Thanks
Gekomax

gumtown

The SY-1000 has patch midi control options to change Bank/Patch (x four) as each patch is selected/changed on the SY-1000, in the "Master" block menu.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gekomax

Quote from: gumtown on September 11, 2021, 05:46:12 AM
The SY-1000 has patch midi control options to change Bank/Patch (x four) as each patch is selected/changed on the SY-1000, in the "Master" block menu.

sorry, I can't see anything like that on master block.
I thing you're referring to the functionality included on EXP/CTRL menù but my intention was to use more than a sound on integra studio set so I need to use a channel per group of sounds and change channel to use another group of sounds on the same studio set.