RMC - noisy issue on godin acs natural sa

Started by nervoteso, January 27, 2014, 05:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nervoteso

hi,

i've a godin acs natural sa plugged in vg99, if i try to set an user alternate tuning and also i set an AC steel or nylon i listen to a terrible noise. if i use standard tuning or set an electric guitar, i've no noise.
can you suggest me how to solve it?
thanks

Elantric

Post an MP3 of what you hear?

Typically complaints of issues with VG-99 Alt Tunings revolve around the fact that the player hears his guitar's non-amplified vibrating guitar string at a different pitch and a high acoustic sound pressure level (SPL), compared to the VG-99 Output. Solve this by using Headphones connected to the VG-99 

nervoteso

Quote from: Elantric on January 27, 2014, 05:07:31 PM
Post an MP3 of what you hear?

Typically complaints of issues with VG-99 Alt Tunings revolve around the fact that the player hears his guitar's non-amplified vibrating guitar string at a different pitch and a high acoustic sound pressure level (SPL), compared to the VG-99 Output. Solve this by using Headphones connected to the VG-99

you're right, no noise in the headphones. so can't i play on my jam100 if i want to use alter tunings?
i've also noticed i've to tweak a lot on this godin nylon guitar to have decent sounds, could i go better if i buy an electric - acoustic guitar (i've found a used godin sa xtsa) ? or better a gk3 installed on a electric guitar or, better, the roland gc-1?
thanks for replying

nervoteso

i was wrong, i can listen to this noise also in headphones when i use steel guitar or nylon...

Elantric

Post an MP3 example of the noise you hear.

And remember to turn off Normal pickups on the GR-55/VG99

On the Godin, turn the Synth Volume Slider up, and Normal Guitar Volume Slider all the way down (off)

The GR55/VG99 can only provide Alternate Tunings when using the 13 pin PU ( Synth Volume Slider )for Modeling Tones, Guitar to MIDI or (GR55)PCM tones.

nervoteso

Quote from: nervoteso on January 30, 2014, 04:38:17 PM
i was wrong, i can listen to this noise also in headphones when i use steel guitar or nylon...

ok i'll post an mp3 asap. anyway i use vg99 and not gr55. also normal pickup volume is always off.

Elantric

Post your VG99 patch too, so others may test.

Hippolytus126

Hey there, I'm having the exact same issue as you had. No noise on standard tuning and extensive noise and hiss when alternate tuning is engaged. Did you end up solving this issue?

Elantric

Quote from: Hippolytus126 on June 04, 2023, 10:08:02 AMHey there, I'm having the exact same issue as you had. No noise on standard tuning and extensive noise and hiss when alternate tuning is engaged. Did you end up solving this issue?

Which GK Processor?

Remember Alternate Tuning mandates use of the GK Processors  Modeled Guitar tone,  some exhibit more noise than others. And the Modeled Guitar internal signal path often requires a Modeled Amplifier type , and many of the high gain types introduce noise which is tamed by using the built in "N.S." ( Noise Supressor) control.

Hippolytus126

Hello there,

I'm using an rmc piezo equipped guitar with the sy-1000 mostly on acoustic guitar patches. The issue has resolved somewhat.... I cleaned the rmc board and the noise has gone down drastically to zero basically. the only thing that still is an issue is when on alternate tuning I still get some noise but I realised that that is noise generated by the s1000  is hunting for the correct pitch most of the times... I did some more digging and I believe that my tailpiece on my guitar is generating many overtones, so I wrapped it in a fretwrap to dull the noise the long tailpiece makes, and this has helped a bit, although the "hunting for pitch noise"  is still there. Then I realised that this is a very old RMC board from the early 2000's and read somewhere on this forum that those old boards don't have a subsonic filter installed into them which helps with crosstalk and overtone interference supposedly?? I would like to try and fix this by trying a subsonic filter, but then again I might just upgrade the RMC board to the latest unit. WOuld you happen to know anything about the board version differences  with subsonicfilter etc.? Thanks