Axon Forum iinsofar as this is no longer a Roland-only board...

Started by Now_And_Then, February 18, 2013, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now_And_Then

Insofar as a Fishman TriplePlay subforum has recently been inaugurated and therefore this is no longer a Roland-only board, perhaps the Future Guitar forums should be merged with this forum. This would not, in my opinion, necessitate a change of names.

One problem with the Future Guitar board is the VG-99 section; it could only be better, as far I can tell, to have one VG-99 board and thereby have all knowledge and expertise concentrated in one place. I don't know that having two VG-99 forums is of any actual benefit to anyone (and it's easy to imagine why it is to VG-99 users' disadvantage.)

Moreover, there are many Future Guitar subforums that have very little activity; having those forums here might generate more user interest, and those of us who are interested in "non-traditional guitar technology" - which would seem to be the preponderant majority of Vguitars' users - might more easily learn about products that might suit us in our little niche...

musicman65

Shamefully, Roland is losing their base. Sure, bring on the non-Roland users. That's my vote.

bd

arkieboy

We should probably set something up on FG or here for Axon users too ... The forum is not maintained and moderated and noones let be back in after getting locked out over a year ago. No spam but then again, no one new can get access ...

Steve
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

arkieboy

Thanks Elantric

If you need a hand moderating that sub forum I'd be quite happy to help: I'm also arkieboy on the Axonforum too BTW

Steve

Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

Elantric

Thanks for volunteering - I''ll make you moderator here and hopefully you can post on the old Axon Forum

New Axon Forum
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=152.0

arkieboy

sadly I've lost my axonforum login - the email server has been disconnected to remove spam and my account needs to be reset which can only be done by email.  But I have messaged someone through SOS - I'll get a message there somehow.

Posted to midiguitar too

Steve

Elantric

Cool - at least Axon folks will know there is a new place to compare notes on work flows

Axon Forum
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=152.0