VG-99 - Pink Floyd - "Is There Anybody Out There" patches & mp3 demo

Started by Brent Flash, April 21, 2008, 07:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

Been away a while. I missed my VG-99 so I threw this together when I got back. Just getting around to posting it here.

There is an acoustic with pad patch, a synth bass patch and a synth horn patch along with the demo.

The demo was done with 3 VG-99 patches on three stereo tracks, no added effects or studio tricks. All VG-99.
All patches used are below.

Mp3 demo and Patches below. You must be signed in to see and download these files.

fxbuff

Brent Flash

Quote from: fxbuff on April 23, 2008, 08:16:38 PM
Brent,
Wow. All I can think of to say.
Thanks!
Glen

Thanks Glen!

There is one little tricky thing in this demo. I was waiting for someone to ask about it to see if anyone is really listening. I am not ready to give it up yet. Still waiting for someone to guess what it is. ::)

GeePeeAxe

well. well... How did you play the backing-synth in the end?
I tried it with a bottle-neck, wasn´t quite right. External
midi-sounds with portamento?

really curious,
Djordje

Brent Flash

Quote from: GeePeeAxe on April 25, 2008, 03:05:58 PM
well. well... How did you play the backing-synth in the end?
I tried it with a bottle-neck, wasn´t quite right. External
midi-sounds with portamento?

really curious,
Djordje

I was wondering when someone would pick up on that. No not external MIDI, my original statement that all sounds are from the VG-99 is in fact true. But the little trick I mentioned is one of my GK-3 equipped guitars has a Stealth PLUS electromagnetic-type sustainer in it. Way to go. I was starting to wonder if anyone was really listening to these demos. I used one of my lead high gain patches with the sustainer. You can get some neat synth sounding stuff going on with hardly any effort.

Are you ready for the "Kashmir" demo and patches. I am not sure what forum to put it in. It is an alternate tuning but just dropped to D. So you could play it in E so that is not that big of a deal. What do you think? Put it in Rock?

mesaman

I really appreciate the audio clips.  When I post some patches I will include a clip as well, I think it works much better than just giving a description.

GeePeeAxe

Yeah, sustainiac is the way to go!  ;D
Until yesterday I though: I don´t need it...
Brent changed my opinion, especially because
I am too lazy to set up a complex midi-chain
when I perform outside of my studio.

I tried to keep the notes longer with several
compressors inside the VG, but they might produce
whole a lot of noise in the end. I had already
some issues with unpleasant digital aliasing too.
So, the sustainiac can be the "salvation"!  :-*

Piing

Thank you very much for the demo, and specially for sharing your great patches   :) :)
Cheers!

Manuel

Brent Flash

Quote from: Piing on April 27, 2008, 02:24:57 AM
Thank you very much for the demo, and specially for sharing your great patches   :) :)
Cheers!

Manuel

You are very welcome! I hope you all can use them and have as much fun as I am with them. I am still amazed with the VG-99. I have had it 6 months and it is still like it just came in yesterday.

Ludek

Well, Brent this is THE SOUND! You´re a real PRO. I have lots of your patches in my VG-99. This one will be next.
Ludek

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

A2theT

HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

aliensporebomb

Truth:  I have a bunch of his mp3 demos in my mp3 collection just because they sound good as music!  I could listen to these demos all night!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Brent Flash

Quote from: Ludek on March 01, 2010, 04:07:44 AM
Well, Brent this is THE SOUND! You´re a real PRO. I have lots of your patches in my VG-99. This one will be next.
Ludek
Quote from: aliensporebomb on March 01, 2010, 05:14:13 AM
Very, very nice!
Quote from: A to the T on March 01, 2010, 05:20:30 AM
Agreed, its a GREAT sounding patch!
Quote from: aliensporebomb on March 02, 2010, 01:23:06 PM
Truth:  I have a bunch of his mp3 demos in my mp3 collection just because they sound good as music!  I could listen to these demos all night!
Thanks guys! I need to get back to work on some of these, this may put a fire under my butt.