VG-99 - Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell

Started by ProgMystic, April 13, 2012, 06:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProgMystic

Hey folks, I have been promising to upload some patches once I got a bit of a handle on my VG-99. It's way overdue and a token effort only, but here is my first try at a Run Like Hell patch in the vein of the Pulse sound.

Opinions appreciated. I haven't organised a real drive option for it yet but will put one on CTL2 tomorrow when I get a chance. CTL1 turns on/off the main delay and I use S1/S2 to switch through pickups as a global setting.

Cheers  :-\

Original patch removed as it sucked, sorry
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

ProgMystic

Good grief Charlie Brown! How embarrassing.   :-[

I have added the Big Muff to my Run Like Hell patch and have just noticed that the first version I uploaded was a very early save long before I had gotten even vaguely close to the finished product. Please excuse me for my awful post.

Anyway attached is something a bit more realistic, it works for me anyway. Why didn't someone slap me?  :'(

aliensporebomb

Cool patch.  It was pretty easy to get a flavor for the tune by hitting variations of the D chord at the second fret.  The distortion patch sounds like the amp is going to blow - cool! 

I like this patch! 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Jim Williams

Very nice patch Liked it so much I cloned it for the GR-55 and posted it on the GR-55 patch page.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

ProgMystic

Thanks gents. Appreciate the feedback.

I will get my act together and upload some more before too long.  :)

papabuss

Hi Progmistic
Great job! THX for posting.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

MIGUELMONGUI

Hi,
is there any place where I can download this patch?
Or if you could tell me the settings I would appreciate it very much,
Thank you.

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.