GTR to MIDI - Zero note duration problem

Started by jagz28, January 20, 2011, 11:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagz28

I just recently got my VG-99 and was attempting to record GTR-to-MIDI using both the USB and my Midi interface (M-audio MIDISport) to my pc (Win XP, Sonar Producer 6).

I setup one midi track to record midi via the USB and another midi track to record the M-audio midi coming from the standard MIDI Out on the VG99. 

The USB track recorded the notes fine and playback thru my vst softsynth worked well.  The M-audio track also recorded the correct notes at the right time but wouldn't play back.  I looked at the midi data and noticed the note duration was showing "zero" for every note on this track!

I'm hoping to use the standard midi input to record the midi notes so as to free up my USB for other audio.  Does anyone know why the midi-out note duration is zero thru the standard midi connection?

Thanks, JAG

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group jagz28!  :)

I have not heard of this problem yet but have dealt with many regarding MIDI. I would suspect some filter setting in the recording software but it may be the VG. You could try a reset back to factory setting in case something got changed unintentionally.

Also you could skim over this thread that covers a lot of MIDI issues using external sound modules. https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=915.0

jagz28

Thanks for the reply.  I'll check into the other posts and let the forum know when I find the answer. Hopefully I can figure it out.