Triggering Roland TD 12

Started by michaiel, June 30, 2010, 11:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaiel

Is there a tutorial on triggering a drum machine? I would like to trigger my TD 12 with the VG 99 if it is possible.
thanks

Brent Flash

Hook up a MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT of the VG to the MIDI IN of the TD, turn on GUITAR TO MIDI and you should have something if your lucky. If that does not work then you will have to check if you have some setting correct in both the VG and the TD. These setting have to do with MIDI MODES and MIDI CHANNELS.

You will find these setting discussed in this thread. https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=915.0

Let us know if you have trouble and maybe we can help.

michaiel

thanks for the link...I will keep everyone posted.

vanceg

I used to trigger the TD-10 with the VG-99 and it was really quite simple...at least the basics were.  It is as simple as connecting a MIDI cable between the two and making sure both are on the same MIDI channel. However, you may want to consider re-mapping MIDI notes that come out of the VG-99 to different notes in the TD-10 so that you can trigger specific sounds in the TD by playing specific strings and fret positions on your guitar. 

michaiel

how  did you remap the strings? I primarily want the low E to be assigned to the kick (C1) and the A string assigned to the snare (D1). Did you have any latency issues?
thanks