Tronical Bridge connected to a Ghost Hexpander

Started by The Plague, November 24, 2017, 02:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Plague

I've got a couple of these Tronical Bridge's (cheap) on the way, and I'll have to mod/replace the ribbon with wire leads to run to a Ghost Hexpander. Just wondering if anyone's tried these and  if so, what results were found? They are originally from a robot tuning setup.   

The Plague

Here's some pictures of the ATB Ver 3.0, it has three onboard Op Amps, I'll have to clean it up,,, looks like polishing compound got inside, plus I notice some crappy soldering I need to touch-up. I couldn't find any info on the Op Amp's. I looked for MFABZA3  MFA8ZA3  and tried replacing the Z with a 2, but no joy.  I need to figure out a volume pot setup,, HMMM  ??? Also thinking the supply voltage is probably 1.5 to 3.0 volts DC,, couldn't find anything on the voltage regulator, L O1A.

The Plague

This is the PT V1.0-TB012 , its just a straight shot one wire piezo saddle no Op Amps (saddles are the same in Ver3.0) I set one up just to test individual isolation, test was good to go. Just need to hook up a hexpander when I find time. Oh on these, I'm not using the ribbons. Also, these V1.0 are locking post, and they will fit my 1991 Les Paul Standard, but the post diameter is to big on most of my other tune-o-matic's.