Sending CC when selecting patch.

Started by Quizzus, October 22, 2017, 06:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quizzus

Hi,

Can it be done (perhaps with assingments?) that when I select patch CC message is immediately sent _inside_ GR-55 (no to the MIDI out)?

sixeight

No. It can't be done. But what are you trying to achieve with that? Please state the real problem you are having.

Quizzus

Thanks for reply. What I am trying to do is get UnO feature from FCB 1010 - I programmed the lower row to send Program change, and upper to send CCxx (let say I send CC#3 1) to switch FX and whatnot. It works perfectly for the first time, after that CC needs to be reset, otherwise the "stompbox" stops working at all. I was actually expecting Program change would automatically reset all CCs, but I am soooo wrong. Ok, this actually can be done with FCB programming as well, Program change pedal should include + CCxx reset (let say CC#3 0). The only problem here is that I have only two CC changes for each FCB patch, which kinda limits possibilities to two "stompbox" pedals. Another possibility is to program the second "volume" type pedal to reset the CC to zero for the "stompbox" patch, but... this is kinda clunky.

I believe UnO can do it out of the box, I am just messin' around and trying to "cheat the system", but seems like I just have to get the chip and stop worrying :).