I did it....again, the VG99 returns once more

Started by Headless68, September 12, 2017, 11:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

well, I have had almost exactly a year away from the VG99 - first moving entirely to an iPad / midi guitar 2 rig (too much instability for live work for me) - then thought I'd give the current darlings a run & owned AxeFX II xl+ (hated the interface, hated running out of CPU in the first hour of ownership, liked the amps, but not much else), then the Helix, great interface, love scribble strips, got good sounding straight guitar tones, but, basically ended up frustrated that I just couldn't get even close to the other side of what the VG99 delivers, in fact nothing any one makes (inc Roland/Boss) does still.
Therefore - I am once again a proud VG99 owner
& this time I'm not going to bother until something comes out that actually does surpass its capability, if that day ever comes :-)

.....now, I need to finally get around to fitting a GK Kit to the new guitar - long live 13pin hex processing happiness

Headless

sixeight

Quotelove scribble strips

I have them for my VG-99!!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15154.msg156711#new

Great to have you back in VG land!

chrish

Cool. Thanks for testing out the computer stuff. Now I know the grass isn't Greener beyond the VG 99.

Roland needs to get busy updating that dual Channel machine.

Headless68

@ Sixeight - your latest VController is awesome! loving the scribble strips :-)
Are you planning on producing any of these commercially?

alexmcginness

VG-99 rules. I constantly get guitarists commin up to me askin what Im using cause they like the sound. When I show them the 99 most have never heard of it. \  Theres nothing out there that does what this does as well as it does it. Welcome back to the VG-99!
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

aliensporebomb

Welcome back!

It is interesting to see guitar players coming up going "wow, what is that and where can I get one?" when I play out.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Kevin M

VG-99 is definitely one to keep in the arsenal. I'm using only that, a GP-10, and an SY300 these days.

Ludek

I have also  walked the same path as you and I am so happy owning VG99 again! I have  probably never experienced such a joy of tasting the patches you guys /and me as well/ made.. I do not really understand the reason why I sold it once bur I'll never do the same mistake again. All other stuff I have / even Headrush/ cannot give me the recording inspiration I get from VG. Ludek