Mooer Radar Cab IR micro stomp - loads user IR files

Started by admin, September 08, 2017, 06:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Mooer Radar Cab IR micro stomp =  pedal on the far left

www.mooeraudio.com

Yes, you can load your own IR cab models into it.
Please follow our website and social media for further updates.
More information coming soon

Best regards
Thanks
Scotty

sixeight

Hey, this pedal somehow passed under my radar. Pity it is not stereo. But maybe two of them could serve as an extension of existing Boss/Roland pedals...

admin

Check out the Digitech CabDRYVR

while it lacks third party cab IR loading - the built in IR cabs are good, and its stereo and affordable

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=21706.0

admin

Mooer unveils Radar speaker cab simulator and IR loader mini pedal
By Michael Astley-Brown

Cab sim boasts plenty of presets and can load custom impulse responses

Mooer has completed its mission to make your guitar rig as small as physically possible with the Radar, a speaker cab simulator and impulse response loader in a mini pedal format.

Destined to be paired with the company's impressive Micro Preamps, the Radar carries 30 cab models, and has optional microphone and power amp simulation.

A single knob controls what promises to be an intuitive user interface, which pairs with Mooer Studio PC software via USB to load up to 36 user presets.

As well as the 30 cabs, it's also packing 11 mic models, four power amps and a customisable EQ stage, plus the ability to load custom impulse responses at all sample rates.

The Radar will be available soon for around $150 - see Mooer Audio for more.

Radar
The MOOER RADAR is a full-featured professional speaker simulator which can be a permanent resident at the end of your pedalboard. Not only does it carry 30 cab models but it also has optional microphone and power amp simulation. Ideal for recording or hooked up to your favourite headphones for practice. The RADAR will transform your pedalboard into a complete guitar rig.

Main Features

* 30 different speaker cab models
*11 mic models
* 4 power amp models
*Customizable EQ stage
* Capable of loading custom IRS
*Store and recall up to 36 user presets
* Connect to PC editor via USB
*Supports headphones and lineout

Specifications

Input: 1/4" mono audio jack.(Impedance: 100k Ω)
Output: 1/4" mono audio jack (Impedance: 470 Ω)
1/8" stereo audio jack (Impedance: 10 Ω)
Sampling rate: 44.1K
Sampling accuracy:24bit
Signal to noise ratio:100dB
Frequency Range:20Hz~20KHz
Power requirements: 12V DC Only use the power supply provided
Current Draw:300mA
Dimensions:93.5mm(D) x 42mm(W) x 52mm(H)
Weight:150g

http://www.mooeraudio.com/?product/201709227917.html
http://www.mooeraudio.com/upload/catalog_V01_2017-01-16.pdf

Elantric

Juuichi

I think its still overpriced for chinese stuff.

Considering its features, its a nano size torpedo cab.

beatpete

Anyone actually tried the Digitech CabDryVR? How does it compare to other IR loaders (Mooer Radar)?

Elantric

Quote from: beatpete on May 07, 2018, 12:36:12 PM
Anyone actually tried the Digitech CabDryVR? How does it compare to other IR loaders (Mooer Radar)?

I own a CabDryVR- it works very well and is full stereo  -

However both the CabDryVR & BluGuitar BLuBox, neither allow loading third party IR files. Instead these use Cab IR technology using built in "burned into EPROM  factory CAB IR files   

beatpete

Quote from: Elantric on May 07, 2018, 12:43:21 PM

I own a CabDryVR- it works very well and is full stereo  -

However both the CabDryVR & BluGuitar BLuBox, neither allow loading third party IR files. Instead these use Cab IR technology using built in "burned into EPROM  factory CAB IR files

Great, thanks. I want to run my GP-10 stereo into the PA and I don't want to buy 2 Mooer Radars.

SY.Borg.300

The thing with user loaded IRs in the Radar is you will I think have some parameters to adjust like eq I think. But with the factory IRs you can select mics, power tube types and a couple other things plus like 4 bands of parametric eq. I think you are better off using the factory cabs as starting points and really dialing in the mics and tube types. I did that and used an EHX english muffn as a tube preamp and got some truly great direct tones.

pauloshure

Does anyone have the original backup of the Mooer Radar impulses to pass on to me?