Weird thing with Behringer UMC 204 HD

Started by briandsocal, August 21, 2017, 10:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

briandsocal

Hey guys. Just got a new sound card box, behringer umc204hd. Was necessary upgrade from Irig HD as I have no headphone jack on iPhone 7+.

Sooo playing with it. Sometimes the interface doesn't power up right away when plugging into the USB 3 CCK( the one with lightning charge port)

Once it gets powered on though it's really nice. Love it. So much control on input signal. Not experiencing any latency.

Only problem is getting apps to play nice. Bias amp now has lots of clicking and popping.

Tonestack does too sometimes. I am trying to find the right way to adjust samples and latency in tonestack.

One time with no other audio apps running tonestack got set to 512 samples and when I tried to change it it said it was being controlled by another app. Maybe one I cancelled out. Not sure.

I know there are settings that will get me great tones. Just trying to find them. Any advice?

admin

IOS as a music making platform has specific era's of usability

sadly due to Apples #1 agenda to add  more and more bloat and social networking priority over music making in IOS results in more lag, pops, clicking, noises, in latest IOS versions when used on iPad's / iPhones  older than a year

Explains why I stick with older IOS versions and avoid IOS 10, & IOS 11

briandsocal

I have an iphone7+ it has a beat processor. Should it not be able to run these apps properly?

admin

Like I said - IOS as a live Music creation platform was smoother back in 2015 when we used IOS8

but for past 2 years, IOS reliability for live music making  has been degrading

it could be the Behringer UMC 204 HD( zero experience with it

briandsocal

ill just keep tweaking on my own then. It works and turns on when an app is available that looks for it.