Vox Adio Air GT & Vox Adio Air BS

Started by admin, August 16, 2017, 01:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://www.ishibashi.co.jp/korg/voxamp/&prev=search
http://www.voxamps.com/AdioAirGT

you can always swap the grill cloth - pretty easy

Owners manual
http://www.voxamps.com/uploads/SupportPage_Downloads/Adio_Air_Adio_GT_OM_EFGSJ2.pdf

The VOX Adio Air GT is the ultimate practice, recording, and performing solution for the modern guitarist. With a full complement of impressive amp models and expertly voiced effects, the Adio Air GT is capable of reproducing all of your favorite guitar sounds from classic cleans, to the iconic crunch of an AC30, all the way to high-gain overdrives. Beyond being an incredible 50-watt amplifier, the Adio Air GT features two 3 in. stereo speakers and a uniquely designed cabinet to provide an immersive listening experience when paired with your smartphone, tablet or other music playback device. The Adio Air GT also features Bluetooth MIDI connectivity, allowing you to control your amplifier wirelessly from your favorite device. With additional features like USB output, Aux in, and battery power, the Adio Air GT is the perfect take anywhere, do-anything guitar amp.

50W amp that outperforms its size
Though it is compact and lightweight, the Adio is equipped with a high-wattage power amp boasting 50W of stereo output. It delivers a startling sense of volume that outperforms other amps in its class. The 2 x 3"stereo speaker system makes for an incredible playing and listening experience. Because it is capable of such high-output, the Adio is equally effective as an at-home practice amp as it is a full-fledged performing amp.

Proprietary chassis design ensures powerful and clear sound
Adio provides both the hard-hitting cabinet resonance of a guitar/bass amp, and the high fidelity of home audio speakers. Thanks to new concepts used in its cabinet structure, the multi-purpose Adio excels in both scenarios. It features a bass reflex structure that delivers a sound density far exceeding the unit's size, and an inner box that emanates the sense of spatiality and depth you expect from stereo speakers. The speakers are contained in a sophisticated slant-body design, creating powerful and high-quality sound that shines for both performance and listening.

A divided cabinet design
To prevent unwanted cabinet resonance, the inner box that secures the speakers is completely separated from the rear cabinet. Additionally, the inner box separates L and R into independent spaces to produce stereo playback with an enhanced sense of spatiality. Rigidity is enhanced by a chassis design that minimizes parallel surfaces, suppressing unwanted vibration that would adversely affect the quality of the sound.

Honeycomb-structure speaker frame
The front grille uses a honeycomb structure that perforates the speaker area with a set of hexagons. This efficiently maintains strength, yet ensures maximum space. The high ratio of openness means that the speaker is not obstructed, allowing the sound to be clear and direct.

Ported design further enhances low-frequency playback
The bass reflex section uses a flair component that creates a smooth widening at the entry and exit of the cabinet's port. This minimizes unwanted noise and also enhances the bass reflex efficiency to further boost the low-frequency playback.

Unique shape allows for enhanced listening experience
The unique slanted design of the Adio allows you to position it with the speakers pointing diagonally upward so that the output reaches your ears directly even at short distances. This means that you can enjoy always performing or listening in the sweet spot. The chassis is designed to minimize parallel surfaces, delivering a smooth sound that suppresses any internal resonances.

A handle that's integrated with the cabinet
With a recessed slot built into the back of the cabinet, the Adio combines sleek looks with convenient portability.

In spite of its high output power, the Adio can also operate on batteries. Eight AA batteries allow up to eight hours of continuous operation. At a mere 2.9 kg / 6.39 lb. in weight, the Adio is also highly portable. You can take it with you to enjoy performing or listening anywhere.

VOX's proprietary VET (Virtual Element Technology) modeling technology
The Adio uses VET (Virtual Elements Technology). Instead of simply imitating the output sound of the original amp, VET meticulously models even its components and circuit design. Without relying on the ears of individual engineers, and without being influenced by the condition of a specific amp unit, VET perfectly reproduces the characteristics of the original amp. And it's equipped with a high-performance DSP to ensure high sound quality.

In addition, the distortion algorithms on the Adio Air GT have been refined, allowing you to enjoy the ultimate touch response that reflects your finest picking nuances without obscuring them.

Up to 23 types of realistic and wide-ranging amp models
The total of 11 built-in amp models includes VOX's legendary AC30 as well as a variety of high-gain and clean amps. The models have been carefully tuned to take full advantage of the compact Adio's potential, so that all of them are truly usable high-quality amp models. By using the Tone Room software, you can choose from a total of 23 types of amp models. With just this single unit, you can enjoy a variety of amp sounds ranging from classic vintage amps to costly boutique amps.

Impressive effects
​A full complement of effects is also provided: four modulation-type effects, such as chorus and tremolo (FX1) and four ambience-type effects, such as delay and reverb (FX2), are built in. Appropriately for the Adio with its stereo speakers, it is also equipped with high-quality stereo effects, and you can simultaneously use a total of three effects including noise reduction. As with the amp models, using the Tone Room software lets you choose from a total of 19 types of effect: 11 for FX1 and 8 for FX2.

Tone Room software draws out the essence of the Adio
Tone Room editor/librarian software is provided, which lets you choose from an even richer selection of amp models and effects, and also lets you take advantage of the Adio's full potential by customizing detailed parameters and audio EQ settings. Up to eight customized amps and effects can be saved in the Adio. Tone Room runs on multiple platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.

The Adio Air additionally supports Bluetooth MIDI, so you can control parameters wirelessly, allowing you to effortlessly design your sound using your favorite device.

The Adio performs equally as well as an audio speaker, delivering pure, analog-quality sound. With a high output of 50W, the Adio gives you an extremely clear sound that's well balanced from the low to the high ranges.

The Adio Air also supports Bluetooth audio. You can connect it to your computer or smartphone via Bluetooth, and use it to play back your favorite music from either device. Whether for personal enjoyment in your living room or bedroom, for playing background music in a store, or for outdoor use, you can enjoy the ultimate listening experience in a variety of situations that take advantage of this unit's high output power, battery operation, and compact size.

Of course, an AUX input jack is also provided. This is a convenient way to enjoy jam sessions while you listen to your favorite songs.

​Experience virtual surround with Acoustage
The Adio is equipped with "Acoustage" virtual surround technology. Simply by turning on this function, you can obtain a startlingly wide stereo effect. This function is particularly impressive when used in conjunction with a stereo effect, giving you a guitar/bass amp that lets you feel as though you're on a wide stage, or experience an unmatched surround space as if you're inside a lavish multi-channel audio speaker setup.

What is Acoustage (Virtual Surround Technology by KORG)?
This is revolutionary virtual surround technology developed by KORG, allowing the creation of a unique personal acoustic space. Using just front stereo speakers, it can produce an unprecedented three-dimensional acoustic experience. It provides the best possible result because it performs an acoustical analysis of the actual playback system, and optimizes various aspects of the system accordingly.

Audio equalizer
The unit provides four preset EQ settings for you to select as desired. Additionally, you can use the Tone Room software to make detailed adjustments to each frequency band of the graphic equalizer. Furthermore, you can use Tone Room to make settings for VOX's original "Bassilator" circuit which covers the low-frequency range not reached by the EQ, letting you enjoy ultra-low sounds that you would not expect from a unit of this size. Up to four of the EQ settings you've made can be stored as user settings in Tone Room.

Noise reduction
A noise-reduction function is provided to reduce unwanted noise when using high-gain sounds. This can be adjusted in five steps.

Auto tuner that also supports dropped tunings
The Adio also provides a tuning function that's indispensable for guitar/bass playing. The tuner also supports half-down tuning mode.

USB audio interface
Since the Adio is equipped with a USB port, you can connect it to your computer or tablet and use Tone Room software, or use the Adio as a USB audio interface to record and play back your performance. The Tone Room software lets you switch between three types of routing: monaural/stereo recording or re-amp.

JamVOX III modeling software is bundled
Since JamVOX III modeling software is bundled, you can easily enjoy playing guitar on your PC. You can take advantage of the GXT function that lets you cancel or extract/emphasize a specific part from an existing song; you can also use the music player function to play back a loop from a song that you're learning or practicing, and even change its tempo. ASIO drivers are supported, so you can also record and play back via software other than JamVOX III, such as a DAW or guitar amp simulator.

Works with JamVox III application

http://www.voxamps.com/uploads/SupportPage_Downloads/Adio_Air_Adio_MIDI_Chart_E1.pdf
http://www.voxamps.com/uploads/SupportPage_Downloads/Adio_GTBS_MIDIimp.txt
http://www.voxamps.com/uploads/SupportPage_Downloads/VOX_BT_SettingG_E1.pdf

http://www.voxamps.com/uploads/SupportPage_Downloads/VOX_BT_Driver_E1.pdf

admin

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/vox-adio-air-gt.738684/page-2

QuoteI drove down and picked up an Adio this morning. I've spent all of about 15 minutes playing it, but I'm honestly shocked at how good it sounds. I was messing around on my VT40X before I left and then plugged the Adio in when I got back (they take the same 19V power supply, surprisingly - the VT20X uses a smaller 12V). I'm sure if I A/B'd them I'd hear a difference in bass response, but just playing the Adio I can say the biggest PERCEIVED difference is that I have to turn the volume up past noon on the Adio where I could rarely get it above 9 o'clock on the VT40X. Again, I'm sure I could hear a difference in the bass if I A/B'd them, but just playing the Adio, I don't miss ANYTHING with the sound. Doesn't sound like two tiny speakers like the Backstar Fly does and the Micro-Cube does to a lesser degree. To the extent I could hear a difference between this and the VT40X, I doubt I could with the VT20X or GT40, or I'd have to listen really closely at least. I'm sure at volume there might be a difference, but as loud as I'll ever crank it in my small space, there really isn't.

I've never played the Yamaha, so I can't compare it to that. I'm gonna play around with the Bluetooth and the app later to see what sorts of deeper editing options it retains from it's bigger brothers. Controlling it from the amp, you can't add both reverb and delay, which I occasionally like to do - they're both on the same dial. I'll have to see if you can combine them using the app. I don't have the GT40 - I had one for a couple of weeks and never liked it as much as the VT20X so it went back. I'm not sure how much of that was it's sound and how much of it was it's interface, which I never bonded with, but my opinion of the amp just never got past "it's objectively OK, but it's not much fun". That's only my experience - obviously a lot of people love that amp, so please take this with a grain of salt. I'm inclined to like Vox more both in terms of their interface (which I VASTLY prefer) and their models, which I find consistently good across the board.

One thing I've found with all three Vox modeling amps I've now tried is that they crank the noise reduction up WAAAAY too high as a factory default. If you play it like that, particularly anything with more than nominal gain, notes and chords sometimes tend to drop out almost completely - it sounds terrible and it's really disconcerting. This is worse with the Adio than it was with either of the VTX models. But just adjusting the noise reduction to the lowest level takes care of that completely. On all of them. If I hadn't been aware of that from the VTX amps, I'd have seriously thought there was something wrong with the Adio when I first fired it up.

I'm guessing the VT40X is gonna go back and the Adio will be my amp, but I have plenty of time to put it through it's paces and learn it's foibles, so we'll see. But my first impression couldn't be better...

OK, a few more things after playing with it for a bit.

The app isn't as deep as the app for the VTX models, but that's because it reflects the amp, which mostly isn't as deep either. For example, there are no bias or class switches for the Adio as there are for the VTX, where you could switch among three bias options and Class A or A/B. There are also fewer effects. You can run two effects at a time and you have to choose between delay and reverb on one of them and between chorus, flanger, phaser, and tremolo on the other. There are no OD or distortion effects and no compressors. Although among each type of effect that is offered, there are plenty of options to choose from in the app. The lack of some of the effects isn't a problem for me at all, but it may be for some so it's important to know before you buy.

That said, all of the hidden amp models that are available on the VTX amps are there, plus a couple. Stuff like the Bassman and the Orange head, which aren't on the amp model knob, are accessible from the app. They have a "Texas Lead" model which is a basic fender plus an OD pedal - which I guess they made into an amp model since they don't give you any OD effects to add in. And it's a good blues lead tone too. And there's a flat model and an acoustic emulator which is decent - I suddenly have an acoustic strat available, now I can sell the Martin! ;)

And the additional options for each amp, like presence and resonance and bright cap/mid-boost/low cut are also there in the app. Because of the differences between the amps, though, I couldn't just import the presets I'd created on the VTX amps - I had to start from scratch on the Adio. One thing I really like about the Adio is that unlike with the VTX, there aren't a lot of extraneous presets installed on the amp that you can't over-write. There are just eight presets in the eight preset slots, and you can overwrite all of them. So both the amp and the app are less busy as a result.

The Bluetooth is all good as well. I got it connected for audio, and that works really well - sounds like a good BT speaker, or auxiliary plug-in speaker, or USB speaker! And there's a whole set of adjustments in the app for audio EQ, so you can go to town on that too. Getting it linked up to control the amp from the app wirelessly took some figuring out - you have to link from within the app - NOT from the normal Bluetooth menu on your device. But you DISconnect it from the bluetooth menu, not from within the app - that took a little while to work out. But I got it working on both my phone and iPad. The app is a bit crowded on the phone, but the iPad app is as good as the one on the Mac. And the app works seamlessly, unlike the glitchy one on the GT amps. I expect Fender will work that out, but I found it pretty frustrating when I had it...

The models all sound basically the same as on the VTX amps - my favorites are still the two Dumbles and the 1959 Marshall, but I like several of the non-metal amps, including the additional Blue Vox that's not on the knob on any of these amps, but that's available in the app.

This amp gets PLENTY loud. Not near as loud as the VT40X and probably not as loud as the VT20X or GT40, but it gets way louder than I'll ever use. I had a couple of volume surges when I switched to a pre-installed preset without turning the overall volume/attenuator down and damn near knocked myself over. So, for the environments you'd want to use this amp in, it's got plenty of kick. One thing I'm finding is that it seems better to almost dime the attenuator (called the Instrument control, which also allows you to balance the volume of the instrument and the other audio sources) and control volume with the volume knob. When I had the attenuator turned down to about 9 o'clock, I had to really dime the volume and the amp doesn't seem to know how to handle that, particularly with gain - all sorts of drops and burps and farts. At least I think that's whats going on. But as long as I kept the attenuator up beyond noon and the amp volume at less than about 3 o'clock, all was well.

That's all for now. I'll keep you informed if there's more. But, for me, this appears to be a keeper. So the VT40X will probably be returned once I've lived with this long enough to be certain...

-Ray
Last edited: Aug 8, 2017

For me, it comes down to whether I have to sacrifice much for the form factor. The bluetooth really doesn't matter to me. It's sort of nice to be able to play with backing tracks and to control the app without extra wires, but that's not a big deal to me - I didn't use the app much on the VTX amps once I had my presets dialed in and I'm sure I won't with the Adio either. And I don't use the app much even when developing the presets - one of the things I like about Vox's interface is the manual mode where you can work it like a regular amp and then save whatever you come up with to one of the preset slots. But there are a few settings you can only get to from the app, so I then tend to tweak my presets with those once I have the general sound dialed.

But really it comes down to how much of the sound quality do I have to sacrifice in the space I play in and the answer so far is damn effing little. Probably gives up nothing to the VT20X except at volumes I won't get to and only a little bit on the bass end to the VT40X. It really sounds extraordinary in the small office/den/bedroom where I play. If I ever get back to the point where I'm playing with other folks regularly, particularly with drummers involved, maybe I'll have to look at adding something bigger, but for how I play now, this little purse thing is shockingly good. The form factor and portability is pretty big for me given that we spend a few months a year elsewhere - now I can take my amp with me instead of playing through a headphone amp or some tiny amp that's really limited.

And frankly, as good as it sounds, I'm not sure the VTX amps need those little glowing tubes for anything other than marketing. I was always a bit dubious and now I'm more dubious.

It's nice to have that option, but the thing I really like about the Vox interface with it's modeling amps is the ability to control it like any ordinary amp while you dial you sounds in, and then save them as presets. There are a few settings that are only in the amp that are good to tweak once you have the basic thing together, but I like that I don't HAVE TO use the app to build my sounds. With the GT and the Mustang before that, I felt like the only way to use them effectively was through the software. Which works, but just doesn't feel like as much fun to me.
I haven't checked all of them, but the two situations where we're talking about different channels of the same amp are the AC30 and AC30 top boost and the Dumble clean and OD. And there's overlap. On the Dumble, there really isn't any grit to speak of in the clean channel, but there's some clean to be had in the OD channel with the gain turned most of the way down, so you could spend a lot of time in the Dumble OD and get most of the range of possible sounds. But with presets, no need - I have one from the clean channel and a couple from the OD channel, one with just a bit of dirt and one that gets closer to a scream. On the AC30, there's a bit of OD on the normal channel but no clean to speak of in the top boost channel. Other than that, everything is pretty much a standalone amp and I've found some amount of dirt and some clean in about all of them. Although I haven't gone checking the metal amps for clean sounds... :)

One other thing. I'd never hooked an amp up directly to my Mac and run Garage Band before. The VTX amps have a USB port but they don't do that - the USB is ONLY for running the app. But I plugged the Adio into my mac laptop and ran Garage Band and it works really seamlessly. And it's a two way link, so it'll play back what you're doing through the amp so you don't have to use headphones to monitor what you're playing. I haven't done any recording in years, since the days of a little 4-track Fostex cassette deck in the early '80s. It might be kind of fun to play around with that. Another reason to keep this little amp...

One last thing - nicest purse I've ever owned...

-Ray

QuoteThanks for checking the time control thing. Glad to know your other glitch isn't such an issue too.
You hit the nail on the head for me when you said that the lifestyle advantages the Adio offers outweigh these little quirks. It's perfect for what I want, i.e an improved THR type amp.
Something I have noticed too is that if I am using my iPad, say, and connect to the app, but then connect the iPad to the Vox in YouTube to stream backing tracks, there's a slight issue due to YouTube not running in the background (I don't think Apple allow them to yet, or they haven't agreed the fee or somesuch) - anyway, it means that when you set your backing track playing and then decide to re-enter the app to change yr amp settings on the fly, there is a brief 'pause' as the app reconnects.
To get around this I have discovered that the Adio takes two Bluetooth connections (may be obvious to the more tech aware reader
!?) so I connect my iPhone to the Adio as a Bluetooth speaker, and my iPad as a Bluetooth MIDI device, as both options are listed when searching for connections.
There may be an easier way to do this that doesn't use two devices but this works the most seamlessly for me and allows uninterrupted use of both apps, the Vox one and YouTube.

admin

AudioFanzine Vox Adio Air GT Review (French)
http://fr.audiofanzine.com/ampli-guitare-portable/vox/adio-air-gt/editorial/tests/lente-gestation.html
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffr.audiofanzine.com%2Fampli-guitare-portable%2Fvox%2Fadio-air-gt%2Feditorial%2Ftests%2Flente-gestation.html&edit-text=&act=url
The supply of connected amps has been growing since the advent of modeling. The possibilities offered by digital solutions are enormous, and many brands have realized that it is now necessary to offer an experience not only sound but also ergonomic. In parallel with this movement, multipurpose products or multipurpose multiply. Thus, several manufacturers have been trying for years to impose a new type of nomad compact amps that allow to play the guitar, but also to listen to music under ideal conditions. In particular, it is the bet of Vox and its recent Adio Air GT and Adio Air BT that, in addition to offering amp and effect modeling, should be considered as true Bluetooth speakers. We tested the model dedicated to guitarists, the Adio Air GT.

The Vox Adio Air GT Modeling Amplifier and Bluetooth Enclosure competes with Yamaha's famous THR head. To conceive it, it seems that the British brand has based on the experience gained with the development of the range Valvetronix and Soundbox Mini , as the Adio shares many common points with these products. Thus, the machine offers classic amp and effect modeling at Vox, all in the heart of a stereo speaker as much thought for the guitar as for the diffusion of different sound sources. Nevertheless, the Adio Air GT is distinguished by its "ultra-connected" side by offering USB and Bluetooth connections. Without further ado, let us discover the beast in detail.

The background or the form?

Vox Adio Air GT : Vox Adio Air GT (71313)
Despite its resolutely modern concept, the Adio is part of the vintage aesthetic of Vox. Lack of bowl, this is an inexpensive product and it is difficult to pay tribute to the classic imagery of guitar amps with noble materials. Result, the latest of Vox is particularly ... ugly!

The amp / speaker takes the form of a fairly elongated rectangle of 360 × 165 × 163 mm. The dimensions of the Yamaha THR10 are close to the millimeter. The weight is also similar, since it is 2.9 kg. The curves of the device are rather successful, but the Vox golden plastic logo and the HP protective cloth show a particularly pronounced lack of taste. Which fly stung Vox? Since when do violet, white and green combine? Some will argue that the look does not matter, but we are dealing with a device supposed to occupy a central place in an apartment, proudly reclining on a piece of furniture to broadcast music, and which can move in guitar amp as soon as the need is' In fact feel.

Vox Adio Air GT : Vox Adio Air GT (45264)
The operation of the amp takes up the main lines of the modeling products of Vox. Eleven simulations of amps are available via a large rotary knob, while FX1 and FX2 controls allow to choose between the eight effects embedded. The first button is for modulations (chorus, flanger, phaser, and tremolo), and the second for delays and reverbs (analog delay, stereo delay, spring reverb and hall reverb). Five big buttons allow you to navigate between two banks and activate the four presets that each one has. Finally, there's a section of EQ (Treble, Middle, Bass), gain and volume controls, and two master settings for guitar sound and sound from an external audio source. The last three buttons allow access to the Adio's small bonus functions: tap tempo, noise gate, tuner, Bluetooth control, and a control to activate the stereo effect or not. Indeed, the main interest of the Adio Air GT lies above all in its stereo capacities. With two 3 "HP and Korg Acoustage technology, Vox promises a particularly unusual sound on this type of product.

On the input and output side, the amplifier / speaker has an instrument input, a headphone output, an Aux input, and a USB output. The USB connection obviously connects the Adio to a computer. It acts as a USB interface, yet can be controlled via the Tone Room software. Tone Room is also available in application on iOS and Android, and the amp is therefore controllable from countless mobile or non mobile devices.

Finally, the Adio Air GT requires a 19 volt power supply, but can also operate with eight batteries providing eight hours of battery life. Note also that the amp will turn off automatically after one hour without audio source.

New with old

Vox Adio Air GT : Vox Adio Air GT (47575)
The use of the guitar part of the amplifier / speaker is very simple, and will not be disoriented the accustomed amps modeling of Vox. It's instinctive, but the concept really starts dating with the big knob to choose the type of amp, the buttons for each preset, or the 4 effects accessible via a single rotary knob. As with Valvetronix models, a bank mode allows you to navigate between presets, while a manual mode automatically adapts the amp to the physical settings you choose.

The 11 simulations of amps are very classical in Vox. This goes from the Fender Deluxe Reverb to the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier , via the AC30 and the Overdrive Special from Dumble. The panel is therefore wide, and obviously refers to mythical amps. A complete description of the modeling is available in the manual put online by Vox , but here is a short list:

DELUXE CL
AC30
BTQ CL (SHOP CL)
AC30TB
BTQ OD (BOUTIQUE OD)
TEXAS LEAD
BRIT 1959
BRIT 800
BRIT VERB
DOUBLE REC
FLAT
Vox Adio Air GT : Vox Adio Air GT (55441)
On the functions side, the Tap Tempo works only for the FX 2 effect category, and therefore for delays. The built-in tuner is accurate and effective, and there are even alternative tunings. The Wide button, on the other hand, activates the stereo, and you can hear the difference right away. Unfortunately, not all effects exploit the stereo: only the chorus, the stereo delay, and the two reverbs really give a greater dimension to the sound. The stereo is in any case bluffing with these effects despite the small size of the amp. The techno Acoustage really works with ample sound and a beautiful projection. This is without doubt one of the major assets of the Adio Air GT! The headphone output also benefits from stereo effects, which compensates for its rather average quality when these effects are not activated.

The Adio Air GT is compatible with the famous Vox editing software, Tone Room. It is possible to use it with mobile devices iOS or Android via Bluetooth, or directly on a Mac or Windows computer via USB and Bluetooth. Besides the possibility of controlling the amp, the connection with the Tone Room extends the amp's capabilities. Thus, the number of amp models increases from 11 to 23, and the number of effects from 8 to 19.

Vox Adio Air GT : Vox Adio Air GT (89269)
To use Bluetooth, it is necessary to have a device compatible with the Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) standard found on most models released from 2011. Pairing is very easy, and Can therefore control the amp on the fly, record presets more easily, and above all adjust the parameters more finely. For example, it is possible to set many things for each amp model: a bright selector, resonance, presence, and so on. For effects, the settings are also more numerous with eg mix, or feedback. The software is simple, even simplistic, but it is ergonomic and allows to arrive quickly to its ends without having to lean in depth on the software.

The USB connection is also very easy. Simply install the Tone Room software on his Mac or PC, and the amp is automatically detected by the software. Editing sounds is easy. The amp is also spotted as an audio interface in sequencers and so it's easy to register, but the sound will come out of the amp and not from your speakers.

VOX Tone Room for Windows
Version 1.2.0

Changes in Version 1.2.0
•   Adio/Adio Air are now supported.
•   Windows 10 Creators update (version 1703) is now supported.
•   Wireless communication via Bluetooth MIDI is now supported.(Adio Air only, using VOX BLE-MIDI Driver)
•   The user interface of VX II and VT20X/40X/100X has been partially improved.
•   The file program tab under editing is automatically backed up and restored.
•   Some minor improvements have been implemented to improve stability.

Changes in Version 1.1.0
•   VT20X/40X/100X are now supported.
•   Windows 10 is now supported.
•   Some minor improvements have been implemented to improve stability.

Operating Requirements
   USB connection: Windows 7 or Later (32bit/64bit)
   Bluetooth MIDI connection: Windows 8.1 or Later (32bit/64bit)
Display:
   1024×768 (XGA) or higher

Three types of routing are available for recording:

wet + wet stereo

wet + dry stereo,

and reamping.

In addition to this, the Adio Air GT comes with a code to use the JamVOX III amp and effects simulation software. The offer is therefore particularly complete!

From the Earth to the moon

It's time to listen to our amp. As usual, all excerpts have been recorded with an Ibanez FR2620 Prestige guitar. This guitar has two humbucker pickups that can be splitted through a 5-way switch, and we regularly browse between the positions in the sound examples. The first 7 examples were captured with a H5 Zoom which facilitates stereo recording. The only disadvantage is that the Zoom microphones are very sensitive and you will probably hear the guitarist attacking his instrument. The last two examples are directly recorded from the Adio Air GT connected via USB.
http://fr.audiofanzine.com/ampli-guitare-portable/vox/adio-air-gt/editorial/tests/lente-gestation.html

The Adio is powerful with beautiful projection, but you have to be in front of the amp to enjoy its sound qualities. The sounds are very classical for a Vox modeling, and one is not surprised to discover cleans and crunchs rather successful, and large saturations too compressed and ultimately anecdotal. The respect of the dynamics is good, without being on the level of the Valvetronix models. The hybrid technology of these models really brings warmth and dynamics and, unfortunately, we do not find it on the Adio Air GT.
(Mod Edit: Advise disable the Noise Suppressor reveal more dynamic range)

Vox Adio Air GT : Vox Adio Air GT (30871)
If we are so far in known terrain, the stereo capabilities of the device, they, amaze! With stereo effects, the sound is remarkable for such a small amp. Non-stereo effects do not benefit from this "whaou effect", but are useful and useful despite a rapidly identifiable numerical character. Noise reduction is quite present in the original settings, but the effect is quite fine as the "drop" of the sound is done in a natural and gentle way. So it's a good point, even if it's better to lower the noise gate compared to the factory setting.

The recording with a microphone of the Adio Air GT is not obvious, in particular because of its stereo capacities. It is therefore interesting to use it as a USB interface. Let's listen to what this gives, and let's take advantage of it to discover some additional effects only available via the Tone Room software.

Plugged in USB, the Adio makes us fully enjoy the stereo and its good cleans and crunchs. It is an easy solution to register, and the result is convincing. Of course, we are far from the high-end modeling of some manufacturers, but the function is absolutely not anecdotal.

My amp is waiting for a baby

Vox Adio Air GT : Vox Adio Air GT (3332)
Let's not forget that the Adio Air GT can also be used as an enclosure! Simply pair it with a mobile device or use the Aux input. The qualities and defects of the guitar amp section are found globally. The beast diffuses mainly in front of it, and it will be necessary to place it with malice. It is a shame, but the amp / enclosure compensates for this with a great power that allows to sound a piece without problem. The bottom is present, it does not saturate even at high volume, and the sound is rather defined. It is even possible to modify the equalization, but only via 4 presets. As is often the case with a Bluetooth speaker, you will not be able to freely adjust the EQ. Pity !

(Mod Edit: actually there is an advanced 4 band parametric EQ for each of the 4 EQ settings 

Besides music broadcasting, the speaker function is very useful for playing backing tracks. The guitar sound is quite ample, it goes well with the sound coming from external sources. In addition, there is a volume for each source, which allows to mix them well.

Conclusion

From concept to format, the Adio Air GT is very close to the Yamaha THR10 head. On the sound side, it relies on the classic amp and effects modeling of Vox, and comes out honorably without shining. If you are looking for a good entry-level modeling amp, we recommend that you turn to the Valvetronix models, where the hybrid technology offers great sensations. But it's quickly forget that the Adio Air GT is not just a modeling amp. First, it is very small, and will easily fit on a desk. And despite this, its stereo capabilities are amazing. It can also be remotely controlled via Bluetooth, and act as an audio interface. Tone Room software is convenient and efficient, and multiple connections work great. Finally, the Adio turns out to be a convincing Bluetooth speaker.

Ray defects, we will regret obviously the missed look of the machine. Some will certainly find a charm - it takes for all tastes - but the materials used are really pale figure. In addition, unlike THR, the Adio is not suitable for multi-instrumentalists. The guitarists will have to move towards the GT version here tested, and the bassists towards the version BS . Finally, you really have to be placed in front of the machine to appreciate its sounds.

In short, Vox's latest addition is no exception, but honestly ensures its multiple stereo guitar amp, audio interface, and Bluetooth speaker missions. It is this last function, as well as the compatibility with an application, that distinguish the Adio of the THR10 , without which one could doubt the relevance of such a product almost 6 years after the release of The head of Yamaha. The prices are very close ( 299 € for the THR10 against approximately 330 € for the Adio ), Vox finally offers us a credible alternative. If you are looking for an intuitive, very compact, nomadic, and connected to play guitar and listen to music, you might be interested in this product.

Elantric

Been playing  / comparing Vox Adio Air GT &  Vox Adio Air BS -using my Les Paul CS8 as test guitar.

They work very well for home use - I found it easier to get a good range of tones with these amps  - and they move a lot of air for their size and superior to THR10 IMHO.

I used the AC Adapter to get full  25 W per side - ( on AA Batteries you only get 2.5watts per side =  1/10th the power)

the 24 bit A/D>DSP>D/A signal path and analog electronics I find to be very good - superior to a Marshall CODE , Vypyr - never had any hiss , and I had smooth sustaining notes - no noise gate kicking in and sputtering on note trails

These are stereo amps  = the   "Wide" Control on Adio works better than the equivalent "stereo wide phase flip one channel) ad found on Blackstar ID Core amps
and stereo 24 bit USB Audio interface is very good with my Macbook Pro
The Tuner was easy, the navigation was easy, everything logical and easy - no menu diving required, and I found many great tones - the AC30 Top Boost delivers tones in the territory of my genuine  '66 Vox AC 30 Top Boost , "Texas Flood" delivers great SRV, early ZZ Top tones , the "Deluxe CL" does a decent Fender Clean - i.e. each Adio DSP Amp Model delivered tones that matched my expectations. High gain Amp models work very well too, and not a battle to get great sounds. 

Was easy to connect Bluetooth audio from my iPhone to start jaming to my itunes music , or use Opera Mini browser (IOS) for Youtube.

Vox Adio Air GT &  Vox Adio Air BS -There are distinct features unique to the each model .

Using guitar with the Vox Adio Air BS Bass amp has a few tricks - there is a smooth Compressor that works well to get Steely Dan  / Larry Carlton  / Jay Graydon tones - and I think the bass model goes slightly louder than the Adio GT , the Spring Reverb is good  - I could use this for  studio live performance  for Radio Interviews  with my Surf band.

the Bass model includes a monophonic Synth voice that tracks well - (but not above the 12 th fret on High E ( guitar) due to a DSP brickwall filter)

I'm a long time JamVox III user (included free with Adio) for learning songs and this hardware will deliver lower noise floor vs the old original JamVox head

http://www.guitarsite.com/news/software/JamVox-III-Update/
A unique feature of JamVox III is you could set up a whole gig of backing tracks, and have Jamvox III Guitar Amp Models and FX ( using your computer CPU) to change patches automatically in the middle of the tune ( like the TC Voicelive 3 Extreme, or Apple Mainstage)

This makes a better home jam low volume amp than a Katana IMHO  - but Adio is not loud enough to play with a a real drummer ( unless he just smacks a cardboard box for a drum set)

I like them both as my girlfriend plays bass

Elantric

For Vox Adio USB Audio / MIDI on Windows - use the Vox-USB-MIDI Driver for Windows here:
http://www.korguk.com/voxdownloads/

Vox 2 CH ASIO Driver
http://www.korg-datastorage.jp/Software/Vox2chAudio/VOX2chAudioDriver.zip

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.voxamps.jp%2Fsupport%2Fdownload%2F2chaudio%2Fwin.html&edit-text=

VOX 2ch Audio Driver for Windows
Version: 1.0.0
Last update date: February 23, 2015

About VOX 2ch Audio Driver for Windows
Driver software to use the corresponding VOX product (as of July 2015: amPlug I / O, VX II) as ASIO compatible USB audio interface. With ASIO compatible PC application, it is possible to perform very low latency audio recording and playback.
Compliant with "ASIO 2.1 standard"
2 inputs 2 outputs (I / O is L / R 1 line)
Corresponding sampling rate: 44.1 kHz
Resolution: 24 bits
Isochronous method / asynchronous transmission
Supports USB Audio Class Specification 1
Usage notes
To use this software, you need a computer that meets the operating environment and a USB cable.
Operating environment
Windows 7 SP1 All editions (32 bit / 64 bit)
Windows 8.1 All editions (32 bit / 64 bit)
* Intel Core 2 Duo or higher recommended * This operating environment does not guarantee operation on all PCs. Some PCs may not work. Please note.
※ Windows only correspondence.

mjonesjr8

New user, it sounds really good is there no way to run a delay and a reverb at the same time?

admin

QuoteNew user, it sounds really good is there no way to run a delay and a reverb at the same time?

I suspect you are out of luck for that with Adio GT using  stand alone operation

but if you use a computer, you can employ the included JAMVOX app ( Win/Mac)  to achieve your goals

mjonesjr8

Anyone know how to take it apart and swap out the grill cloth and take off the bling of VOX on front?

admin

QuoteAnyone know how to take it apart and swap out the grill cloth and take off the bling of VOX on front?

Solution if the VOX 2ch Audio Driver becomes invalid on Windows
http://www.voxamps.com/uploads/SupportPage_Downloads/VOX2chAudioDriver_troubleshoot_en.pdf

And New update to Vox ToneRoom Editor

http://www.voxamps.com/Support

Updates in Version 1.2.2

iOS 11 is now supported.
Improved operation after returning from sleep or background.
The display stays on when connected to the VOX product.
Some minor improvements have been implemented to improve stability

-- Android --

System Requirements

Wired Connection (via USB-MIDI)
    Android 6.0 or later, Android Phone/Tablet(USB OTG cable is needed.)

Wireless Connection (via Bluetooth MIDI)
    Android 6.0.1 or later, Android Phone/Tablet

For Android users seeking a larger display  - many Chromebooks now run Android apps
https://www.androidcentral.com/these-are-chromebooks-can-run-android-apps

admin

Vox ADIO Review
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcyfrowogitarowo.pl%2Farchiwa%2F2277&edit-text=

Vox Adio GT Air: a worthy competitor of THR-ki
It looks like ... a woman's handbag. The game - especially when looking at its dimensions - is surprising. Before you, Adio: one hundred percent digital amplifier, in which Vox realized its concept of the so-called third amplifier.

This test began:
Ooo! Nice handbag. For me? - she asked.
No, it's a new amplifier - he replied.
Uuu ... at least looks nicer than all the others .

Thus you got to know the result of the assessment, which is called "wife factor" in a British magazine. Now we can go to more mundane matters and tell what we think is the Vox Adio Air GT.
Let's start with the fact that we tested the guitar version of Adio, which in addition to the GT model also appears in the bass version marked BS (white knobs). In addition, the amplifier that went to digitalgitarowo.pl was in the nickname Air, which is equipped with a Bluetooth audio / MIDI interface.

Building
I have already written about the appearance of Adio ... And seriously: the amplifier has a plastic housing, which does not leave much to be desired. The material is supposed to pretend to be a black tolex and it does it quite well. What may arouse controversy is the look, placed on the front of the material and large for such a small equipment Vox logo. However, the tastes are not discussed. I had to get used to it and the logo ... The logo can be removed.
Behind this "package" are hidden two 3-inch speakers (stereo), supported by two bass reflex ports. The whole works in full audio band. How full it is, unfortunately, the manufacturer does not provide, but it is important for the user how they play, not what is in the specification (about later).
The speakers are separated from both the outer casing and left from the right, to minimize unnecessary resonance and vibrations.
Although this can not be seen, the Adio front, and thus the speakers, is gently tilted from the vertical. Thanks to this solution, when we place the amplifier on the desk, the sound is directed to the side of the playing ears. Structurally it looks like in the picture below.

Photo: Vox Amps

On the back of the housing there is a recess for fingers, making it easier to carry Adio, power outlet, USB port, Aux input and battery compartment 6xAA. Here, at once, digression: the battery amplifier works with 1/10 of its power, or 2 × 2.5W.
All buttons and potentiometers for setting the amplifier are placed on top of the Vox. Interestingly, although it is fully digital equipment, it is in vain to look for any display here. 12 LED diodes have this function.

The control section is divided into an upper row of encoders and a bottom row of buttons. I will not write about it, you can see it in the pictures. I will focus on what is worth mentioning. An important feature of Vox is the inclusion of direct access to the sounds on the panel. Although there are only four of them, you can call them a total of 8 (2 by 4) presets saved. The bank's choice is made with a button (and how ...) described as the Bank. Our diode informs us of where we are, placed above it, glowing in red or green.
Without searching in the manual, we also have a wide button on the tray, which enables / disables the stereo widening mode. By the way, it is also used to call the EQ settings (pressing for 2 seconds) at the Aux input and Bluetooth: switched off, Loud, Bass, Mid, High Boost, but there is no need to become attached to these names. With a shorter hold (1 sec.), We can set the noise gate's action level.

At the top of the Adio, we also find the Bluetooth interface switch and two diodes illustrating the inclusion of BT Audio / BT LE MIDI. It's actually everything.

Amplifiers
I know that many guitarists look at Adio through the prism of Yamaha THR 10. It is difficult to be surprised because the similarities are evident. Both devices even have similarly described encoders, but there are also fundamental differences.
Voxa has 21 modeled amplifiers built-in, not 5 like THR. Only 10 of them are available from the control panel plus the Flat channel, useful eg for acoustic guitar amplification. In order to use the other emulations, we need to run the program on a computer or tablet / phone with which we connect using a cable or wirelessly via Bluetooth MIDI.
Below I am inserting a list that will let you know what models correspond to real amplifiers, and it would be appropriate to write them: their modeled channels, because each emulation is one channel. In bold, I mark those models that are available from the control panel.

Deluxe CL Normal - Fender 1966 Blackface Deluxe Reverb 22W (Clean channel)
Deluxe CL Vibrato - Fender 1966 Blackface Deluxe Reverb 22W (channel Vibrato)
Texas Lead - Fender Deluxe Reverb 2 × 12 plus Tube Screamer
Tweed 4 × 10 Normal - Fender 1959 Tweed 4 × 10 Bassman (Normal channel)
Tweed 4 × 10 Bright - Fender 1959 Tweed 4 × 10 Bassman (Bright channel)
VOX AC30 - Vox AC30 (Normal channel)
VOX AC30TB - Vox 1964 AC30 (Top Boost)
Boutique (BTQ) CL - Dumble Overdrive Special (Clean channel)
Boutique (BTQ) OD - Dumble Overdrive Special (Gain channel)
Brit 1959 Normal - Marshall 1959 Plexi Superlead 100W (Normal channel)
Brit 1959 Treble - Marshall 1959 Plexi Superlead 100W (High Treble channel)
Brit 800 - Marshall 1983 100W JCM800
Brit VM - Marshall JVM410H (???)
Brit Verb - Orange Rokerverb
Double Rec - Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Slo-OD - Soldano SLO-100 1991 (Overdrive channel)
Cali Elation - Bogner Extasy (channel working in class AB ???)
Eurupt III CH2 - EVH 5150 III Channel 2
Eurupt III CH3 - EVH 5150 III Channel 3
Boutique Metal - Diezel VH4
Vox Original Clean - own "production", which is supposed to give a crystalline clean channel
Acoustic Simulator - the name speaks for itself, but in tests it works best with piezzo
Flat - "flat" preamp with three-position EQ
In the application the regulation for all amplifiers is the same: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Resonance, Volume, Noise Reduction, Mid Boost, Low Cut and depending on the modeled channel: Bright Cap. In the acoustics simulator, the Presence and Resonance settings can not be controlled, but the Body parameter appears - defining the box size / sound. Something is missing here, and what has the third amplifier ... There is no possibility to choose the column types, and hence a few more sonic combinations.

effects
Adio unfortunately suffers from the same illness as THR-ka and allows you to use only two effects at a time. Completely skips overdrive, pitch shifty and there is even, like Yamaha, a compressor available from within the application. We will not find combined effects on the Vox panel, as in THR 10, where delay (10) / echo (10C) are connected to the reverb. The effects section consists of separate FX1 blocks - modulation effects and FX2 - delays and reverbs. Such separation of algorithms means that we do not "zap" the time of the reverb and delay as it is possible with a competitor who has one, because one, but a separate block Delay / Echo.
Below is a list on which I mark out bold effects to which we have access from the control panel. The effect is selected using the FX1 and FX2 knobs, which simultaneously act as one-stop controllers of several parameters at the same time.

Section FX1

Chorus CE - Boss CE-1
Stereo Chorus
Black Flanger - MXR Falnger
Stereo Flanger
Org Phaser 1 - MXR Phase 90
Org Phaser 2 - MXR Phase 100
Small Phase - EHX Small Stone
Duo Phase Free - Two connected 6-step phasers with non-synchronized LFO
Duo Phase Synced - Two connected 6-stage phases with synchronized LFO
Twin Trem - tube tremolo known from the Fedners
Harmonic Trem - tube tremolo modeled on the one that was mounted in the old AC30.

FX2 section

Tape - tape delay line
Delay - ie Bucket brigade or EHX BBD
Wide Delay - stereo version, in which it slightly shifts the sounds between the speakers
Cross Delay - a stereo dalay sweeping the repetition between left and right back
Room - the beginning of reverbs
Hall
Spring
Plate 
And everything else
So what else does the Ado GT Air contain? First of all, the possibility of wireless control and settings from the application level via Bluetooth MIDI from a computer or tablet. The Tone Room program allows not only full adjustment of amplifier settings, effects, saving presets, their archiving, but not only.

As I mentioned in Adio, we can choose the EQ setting. Until the application is turned on, we only know that something like this exists and has some 4 modes. After entering the program, it turns out that we have a fully-fledged 4 parametric EQ, whose four settings we can save. Equalizer section is still connected to the setting of the output signal level (Trim) and the Bassilator button, which with one press "magically" raises the bass in the lowest registers.

The last gem is choosing the USB mode. In Mode 1 the signal to the phone / tablet / computer comes out behind the effects section and returns to the same place. Mode 2 is a patent for Dry / Wet recording: The right channel outputs a clean signal from the gyro input, and the left signal emitted by the Adio emulation. There is also the third mode: Mode 3, used to reel paths from the DAW level.

How beautiful it plays
Let's start with the fact that the game is loud. It never pays special attention to what the manufacturer wrote in the specification. Therefore, 2 × 25 W with 3-inch speakers, I also treated with a certain amount of distrust. I do not see how much Adio really has watts. One thing is certain: quite a lot. The game is loud, and you do not have to crank up too much to move the micro-speaker through the air before the grill. I have the impression that the house will not be out of the hour ... 12. Oh, such a little devil, which confirms the power supply rating plate: 19V, 3.42 A. Unleashed to the maximum may start to buzz a bit, but before that happens, as for home conditions it will be too loud for a long time.

Now what is the most important, that is the quality of emulation. For me, what Vox calls VET (Virtual Element Technology) is a great surprise. Clean channels and crunches are the best for this baby. Adio plays warmth and, for me, much fuller than THR 10, and Yamaha is my emulatory favorite in the "multi up to 2000 PLN" class.
The difference is that it does not make them feel like that when we plug in the headphone amplifier, but this equipment is supposed to be played on speakers. Vox also has a much better effect expanding the stereo field, which is useful when listening to the amplifier placed on the desk.
It's very easy to get what you're looking for in the clean-crunch compartment. In the case of more distorted sounds, you have to ... rehearse them more, but they are there too. The use of dynamics is also very good. Here's a little advice: if you will test Adio or buy it, set it off, turn off the noise gate and check how loud speakers speak then. Unfortunately, the gate can sometimes obscure the fullness of the dynamics dormant in GT Air and it is worth looking for its optimal setting.

Free 1 : Small Vox also works as a speaker for versatile use. In total, "works" is wrong - he plays very well. It gives you pleasure to listen. It is known that we will not hear such separation as in remote monitors (see the sensational iLoud Micro ), but it works great. Every time I played music through him, I could not get used to it, as it is possible that it is playing this way, not differently. It definitely plays better than such constructions as Sonos Amoeba, EU Boom 2 or even IKM iLoud .
Gratis 2 : In the box with Adio you will find the activation key for the quite nice JamVOX III program, which is a combination of ampsima, a program to remove and separate the guitar's path. See for yourself:

Summary
If you had to write Adio in one, short sentence, it would sound like this: "THR on steroids". Vox combines in one package the sound capabilities of three competing 10, 10C and 10X amplifiers. Thus, he solves dilemmas, which version to choose, because in a sense he has them all. And if I recently wrote that I prefer GT40 from THR, here I have to say: Adieu Fender, adieu Yahama, I prefer Adio . But the versatility in this amplifier is also Bluetooth, control from the phone level, various USB routing options. And do not let the appearances be fooled: it is really loud and looks good next to TV.

Specification
Inputs : guitar 1/4 ", Aux 3.5 mm
Outputs : USB audio, headphones 3.5 mm
Interface : Bluetooth Audio A2DP, MIDI (Low Energy)
Speakers : 2 × 3 "wideband + 2 bass reflex holes
Power : 50 watts (2 × 25 W in stereo)
Batteries : 6 × AA, up to 8 hours of operation with a maximum power of 2 × 2.5 W
Dimensions : 36 × 16.5 × 16.3 cm
Weight : 2.9 kg
Price : approx. PLN 1200
Info, photos: Vox Amps
The amplifier for the test was made available by the distributor of Vox products in Poland, Mega Music .:

admin

utensil

Are The Vox Adio amps class compliant, I would like to use with an iPad

Jazz+

Remove the VOX logo from the front of the Adio Air ... how do we do it?
From the diagram, I assume it is held in place by two plastic posts on the back of the logo that are simply pressed into the front housing. So perhaps something like a thin flat painters pallet knife could slide under the logo and pry it off ?  Anybody actually done it?

admin

Quote from: Jazz+ on August 07, 2018, 01:48:29 PM
Remove the VOX logo from the front of the Adio Air ... how do we do it?
From the diagram, I assume it is held in place by two plastic posts on the back of the logo that are simply pressed into the front housing. So perhaps something like a thin flat painters pallet knife could slide under the logo and pry it off ?  Anybody actually done it?

remove the VOX logo will reveal two 1/8" holes in the grill cloth

Jazz+

Good point. But I think they will be unnoticeable.

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/we-tested-the-yamaha-thr10-and-the-vox-adio-air-gt.1950511/
All channels, no outboard effects, played through a Fender American Standard with and without backing tracks. No question, the Yamaha wins on looks and industrial construction. The Vox looks like a ladies purse with a cheap, ugly, plastic logo.

Played in a room about 10 x 15. The THR sounded pretty good. It certainly didn't sound like a bigger amp and at max volumes, the speaker distorted with bass notes from the Strat. The effects all sounded decent and it's easy to dial in a good (but not loud) tone.

The Vox sounded much bigger than its size and we all felt it filled the room rather unlike the THR which was immediately identifiable as a small speaker in the corner. The Vox, at maximum volume was loud. And did not distort at all. It was richer and bigger sounding than the THR no matter what adjustments we made to the Yamaha.

I found out afterwards that the Vox puts out 50 watts which kind of explains the difference. I took home the Vox. I can gig with this in small venues and I plan on doing that at my next appearance at the coffeeshop.

Another bonus with the Vox is that it supports both wired and Bluetooth connections for playing music and backing tracks. Actually both amps sounded good as music players but the Vox does a better job with its full range speakers. The Vox's architecture is similar to the way the Roland Blues Cube amps are designed. The circuitry isn't designed to emulate an amp's sounds, it's designed to mimic a tube amp's characteristics.

The Vox controls also feel like they are of higher quality than the Yamaha. For $80.00 more, I'm getting twice the sound volume and tone.

Check out the fulgly Vox, you'll soon get over it's looks and you'll marry it for the tone.

MarcPike

This is one of my favorite pieces of equipment.  Yes, it looks like a Gucci bag but damn does it jam.  The stereo field is amazing and it has balls.  The amp sims are amazing as well.

Elantric

Quote from: MarcPike on September 11, 2018, 12:30:06 PM
This is one of my favorite pieces of equipment.  Yes, it looks like a Gucci bag but damn does it jam.  The stereo field is amazing and it has balls.  The amp sims are amazing as well.

Same Opinion here after nearly a year of ownership

Although I observe for decibel level output  / jamming with a drummer  - quietest battery amp to loudest amp sorts as follows:

Yamaha THR-10 (10 watts) 
Vox ADIO GT
Roland Cube Street ( 20 watts)
Roland Cube Street EX (50 watts)

sonnyv

i'm very impressed with my Adio GT.

i did successfully remove the vox logo from the front but, because the 2 plastic dowels are glued in you have to break them, clean up the glue remains and black out the plastic dowel remains.

but until Vox or Yamaha makes a larger version of these things i'm experimenting with outputting the 8 ohm speaker outs to 2 external cabs. I might buy a 2x10 cabinet but i'm not sure what kind of speakers would work -- full range or guitar speakers.

any thoughts?

admin

The Adio GT amp expects to drive full range speakers
if need louder  -
Feed ADIO headphone out to a Stereo DI and drive a pair of QSC K10.2 cabs
https://www.amazon.com/rolls-DB24-Stereo-Direct-Interface/dp/B001032GK8

sonnyv

thanks. my experience with the headphone out into a full-range system wasn't pleasing --sounded processed. but i do have a Rolls DI which should clean up the noise so i'll try it again into better monitors.