Need new 13 pin jack for gc1 guitar.

Started by kdangler, July 08, 2017, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdangler

The plastic wings that hold the 13 pin jack assembly to the jack plate of the guitar broke. It looks like it is a modular assembly that just plugs in with wire connectors (no soldering). Can anyone tell me where I could purchase a replacement jack assembly?

Thanks so much/

GuitarBuilder

Replace it with one of Gumbo's magnificient Synth-Linx jacks!

http://www.synth-linx.com/
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

gumbo

Thanks for the Shout-Out, GB..

In case anyone else has the same problem, here is the introductory paragraph in my reply to 'kdangler':

Yes I understand what you are describing...it is a known fault which is usually due to the two bolts coming loose that hold the Roland jack to the mounting plate because Fender/Roland in their combined wisdom, failed to use either spring washers or nyloc nuts on the bolts...   ..sigh.

I make a replacement Synth-Linx Jack (Model SL13JC1) that bolts in to the back of the existing plastic mount plate on the edge of your Strat..it comes complete with the "Pre-Finished" cabling pre-attached behind it with the appropriate multiplugs to connect with the sockets on the main board which is accessible via the coverplate on the rear of the guitar.

While this scenario requires you digging slightly deeper into your guitar, it's not rocket science, and you end up with a jack that also performs better than the original Roland one because it has a metal body and five positive 'Ground' contacts instead of just one inside.

If anyone needs more information, you can email me at;

info@synth-linx.com

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...