FTP - EAST-WEST MIDI Guitar Trial Pack

Started by PeterPan8, May 20, 2017, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterPan8

I downloaded the EastWest Midi Guitar Trial Pack (EW), installed it (what a pain!), and got it to work under the "Play" app installed by EW.
I can see all instruments (the trial ones) with the Play app. TriplePlay (TP) was able to find the instruments, but they are all in red, meaning it didn't find them somehow.

I tried everything to make TP see them, but to no avail.

How can I install those trial instruments properly so my TP software can see them?

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

DF400

I had no problems by using the email link and following the instructions. I first updated the software, then the firmware, and finally downloaded the EW trail. You do need register using the EW activation code provided in Fishman, then download Play and the Installation Center from EW. Once you open the Installation Center after you log in, you will see the Trial download. You will also need to Activate the trail before it will work - look for the activation icon in the Installation Center. Although I don't know if it was necessary, but I also scanned for plugins in Tripleplay before opening patches.

I tried the a few samples provided and was very impresssed. Not only did the TRP feel more responsive and track better, the samples are outstanding. Although I know demos and trials are great promotional tools, I'm impressed that Fishman and EW provided existing users some usable samples. Although hard to describe, aside form the outstanding quality of the samples, they just seem to translate well using the guitar as a controller.

PeterPan8

Did all that. EW is registered and activated. But I still can't use the trial instruments. TriplePlay shows them in red.

I had to install the trial pack on a separate drive, to save space on my SSD drive (where most of my VSTs are located), but I made sure to point TP to the directory called "EastWest MIDI Guitar Series."

Still can't use them... don't know what to do.

ITL

I had the same issue.  I had FTP re- scan for all the VST's and that took care of it.
LGXTSA, Godin Session Custom TriplePlay w/ Fishman Piezo, JTVariax59, Axe-FXII, Integra 7, Motif XS, VoiceLive 3

admin

Quote.. don't know what to do.

1st course of action should be contact Fishman Support
send an email to Support@Fishman.com

PeterPan8

Thank you admsustainiac, I just sent them an E-mail.
I'll keep you posted for the outcome.

PeterPan8

While waiting for a reply from Fishman, I just found out something.

On TriplePlay, I just saw the following error message:

"The current sound is 'play_VST_x64'.  Its plugin is not found. Double-click to scan for it."

I tried to locate that DLL file on my computer (using SearchEverything), and it couldn't find it. Somehow, it seems that during the install that particular DLL was not installed.

Any idea where can I find it?
Or how to correct the situation?

Thanks!

PeterPan8

After countless hours, I managed to locate the "play_VST" dll file, and copied it to the my VST 64 plugin folder. And it finally worked! So, if it happens to any of you, simply (easy to say!) find the EW dll, and make sure TriplePlay can see it, and it should load it.

The lessons I have learned: Be patient, be happy, keep your smile, and go take a walk with your wife/husband once in awhile, and only after that can you can enjoy your game play  ;D

Thanks for reading!

LightWing

IMO you are crazy to just outright BUY these 5 modules at an upfront cost of $745. I opted to go with a Month-To-Month Composer Cloud subscription at $30.

http://www.soundsonline.com/composercloud

You get those 5 modules and ALL THE OTHER EW plugins as well. Manage your cash folks...at $30 per month it will take over 2 YEARS for you to spend that $745, you get all the other EW stuff, updates to all of them plus NEW products released over that time. You can also turn ON/OFF the monthly billing so you pay as you need them. Bear in mind I have a 300MB/sec. Net connection so I used a spare 3TB HD to download everything...845GB...took about 24 hours to bring everything down but the pic attached shows you what you get. Did a Firmware update as well. Also, I'm NOT using the Fishman app. For standalone I'm using the EW "PLAY" app and also INSIDE ProTools it loads as an AAX plugin. Works perfect and NO PROBLEMS. The TP is absolutely AMAZING with the other EW products especially since the PLAY app allows you to "Stack" a bunch of patches from the other products. :)

Patrick

PeterPan8

Quote...the PLAY app allows you to "Stack" a bunch of patches from the other products.

Can you explain a bit more about that?

LightWing

Quote from: PeterPan8 on May 24, 2017, 06:49:05 AM
Can you explain a bit more about that?

The PLAY Browser allows you to load multiple instruments, choirs, etc. and there is a MIXER which you can blend them and add effects if you want. Cool stuff! :)

Patrick