Wrap around tailpiece and GK-3

Started by Cups, May 01, 2017, 02:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cups

Are there any wraparound tailpieces that don't jive with the GK-3 Tuneomatic mount?

Elantric

QuoteAre there any wraparound tailpieces that don't jive with the GK-3 Tuneomatic mount?

Avoid that type mount , GK-3 Tuneomatic mount negatively alters your instruments Tone.

Cups

I've been using it that way for a couple of years. How do people install their hex without the mount?

admin

alexmcginness

Quote from: Cups on May 01, 2017, 05:13:55 PM
I've been using it that way for a couple of years. How do people install their hex without the mount?

Me too. I have an epiphone V that I use that mount on and the guitar sounds fine.

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

ffata

Quote from: alexmcginness on May 01, 2017, 11:25:04 PM
Me too. I have an epiphone V that I use that mount on and the guitar sounds fine.

Same here, LP install ten years and counting!

Matteo Barducci

I have to resurrect this thread.

I'm looking at an SC Special with P-90s (without mounting rings, of course) and a wraparound bridge. Is there a bracket that may be used to mount a GK-3A pickup?
--

---> Matteo Barducci

carlb

Assuming there is space enough between pickup and bridge, and you're willing to drill holes, mount the hex pickup with long, thin wood screws to the face of the guitar.

Use rubber tubing to push the hex pickup against the screw head, adjust the height by tightening or loosening the screws.

If the hex pickup poles don't exactly line up with string spacing, tend toward placement that favors centering a bit more to the high E string. The lower frequency strings have more enerergy, so balance out by favoring the high frequency E string placement more toward the center of the pole.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

Matteo Barducci

Thank you,

But in the case not wanting to screw holes onto the guitar, there are no brackets for those type of bridges, right?
--

---> Matteo Barducci

admin

Quote from: matbard on February 13, 2020, 12:35:15 AM
Thank you,

But in the case not wanting to screw holes onto the guitar, there are no brackets for those type of bridges, right?
Mine is 100% reversible  - no new holes in the guitar required

will get a better photo

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3434.msg82520#msg82520

carlb

Think he has the soap-bar (?) style, without a pickup ring ...

ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker