VG99 + Voice Live 3 extreme best possible connection

Started by giantani, April 29, 2017, 07:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantani

Dear Friends from vguitarforums

I would like, if it´s possible, to receive some orientation...

I have a VG 99 and a Voice Live 3 extreme and would like to use my guitar on both of them...

I think the guitar sounds from VG 99 are unmatchable, in the other hand, the voice prossessing from Voice live and it´s automation/playback are very good, so I would like to use the best features from each module...

My doubt is - What should be the best way to connect my guitar (Fender Strato with GK2) and a Sure mic in both machines VG99/Voice Live 3x ?

I would like to manage in the best possible way my guitar sounds, my voice sounds and to have an easy access to all automation/record features of Voice Live 3x.

Thanks a lot, in advance, for any orientation and my best regards to everybody!!

giantani

No good soul orientation?

Sorry if it seems a noob topic, but I´m still trying to have some results...

I connected, as supposed, my guitar into VG99 (through gk2 port) using the VG99´s "guitar out" to Voice live 3x "guitar in", but I could listen just the VG99 guitar sound...

I was using the headphone into VG99...

Hope somebody can help me I would appreciate it a lot!

Elantric

bassman4d521

I would say connect as you mention and just don't apply any of the Voicelive 3 effects on the guitar signal.  I'm not sure if the guitar in on the VL3 is stereo so you'd probably be better off taking the signal from the VG99 from the mono out using a 1/4 cable.  So then you'd have the vocal effects & looping from the VL3 and be hearing the VG99 output. 

By putting the guitar signal through the VL3 you can use the auto harmony function that will use your guitar signal to change the harmony.  You also then have the guitar be able to use the VL3 looper.

I'm a bit confused with connecting a mic to the VG99 though.

giantani

Thank You very much guys !  I really appreciate Your orientations !  I will try it !

Elantric if I will manage to buy a mixer, could You please tell me how to setup connections?

Thanks a lot !!

Elantric

And for more incite on Voicelive 3 setups for vocal harmonies,   tracking your guitar chords from your VGuitar system 

read Vade's Blog

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10117.0

giantani

Elantric thank You very much once more for Your attention! I will read the whole topic You sent me, thanks a lot!

I finally managed to achieve a good result, I just used this Belkin splitter

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-RockStar-3-5-mm-Headphone-Splitter/dp/B0017PG8KS/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1494093400&sr=1-8&keywords=belkin+splitter

I connected Belkin on the headphones line outs of VG99 and VL3x, in such way that I have on my headphone, the VG99 guitar sounds and VL3x mic sounds, it´s very nice.

Tha only problem I face now its a Hum sound coming from VG99... when I put my hand on it, the sound just vanishes... I really don´t know how to "ground" it, in order to cancel the noise...

Important to mention, that I never had this humming noise before...

carlb

The VG-99 has a ground lift switch on the back, if I remember. Try flicking it the other way.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

giantani

Carlb thank You very much!!

Tried but unhappily it didn´t work :(

Vade

@" Tha only problem I face now its a Hum sound coming from VG99... when I put my hand on it, the sound just vanishes... I really don´t know how to "ground" it, in order to cancel the noise... Important to mention, that I never had this humming noise before..."

I eliminate ground loop hum by having every piece of equipment in my rig powered by just one electrical outlet using a power strip. Even running a usb from an audio interface to a computer powered by a second electrical outlet can introduce ground loop hum IIRC. Hope that helps and best of luck!
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

giantani

Vade thank You very much !!

I will try !!

Really appreciated !!