GP-10 - Breakthrough Universal Shimmer that DOESN'T USE UP A MODEL

Started by Rhcole, March 24, 2017, 10:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhcole

Oh man, am I glad I got this one to sound good. I have been wanting a shimmer verb that would work with a nylon string, an L4, an acoustic, maybe even a synth or two. But the problem was that everything I made used a model to make the shimmer and then you used your regular guitar. I made some terrific shimmers, but used up the modeling abilities of the GP in the process. It kind of irritated me that I'd get a great guitar- say an L4- and then that would be it as far as modifying the sound.

I wanted stringy sounds with my nylon string, and I was forced to go to external pedals. I was determined to solve that if I could and I think I pulled it off.  :D

Give this baby a spin.  It uses your regular guitar for the shimmer, just like every other shimmer pedal you can buy commercially does.  Ctl 1 turns the octave up on and off. Try it for sure with and without the octave. Exp pedal controls the effect. In this case, I have a nylon string loaded. But, of course, the point is you can load ANY model you want into it- ANYTHING.

Have a blast.

aliensporebomb

Stand by!  Trying!

Update: It sounds nice if a little quieter than the guitar it supports - it would be nice for unobtrusive backing to a nylon guitar piece for sure. 

Good job!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

JiveTurkey

I've been down for a week with the flu. This is the first patch I loaded up and played with my guitar in all that time and it sounded glorious! Thanks for the great work Rhcole; as per usual!