How to get the best sound for guitar out

Started by midiman2011, March 24, 2017, 03:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midiman2011

Good, firstly I want to thank this forum for your help, after a year and a half experimenting with my Roland gr-55 I have had enough problems trying to optimize its use along with my set of pedals, I have to say that for me Signal of magnetic picks I use a pedalera digitech rp255 that goes in series with a tc electronics flashback X4 connected to a looper digitech jamman stereo and ete is the one that I connect to my stereo studio monitors and two fender gdec and vox audiotronics amplifiers.
From the beginning, I noticed serious problems due to the attenuation of the magnetic pickup signal coming out of the guitar out of the roland gr-55, ie when I connected the whole series of pedals I described to this output, the signal Of the guitar for magnetic pickups was very poor and bland and the effects I got were poor compared to when I connected my electric guitar directly to the input of my "analog" effects pedals, plus the sounds of the digital effects that sounded through the Roland gr-55 were disappointing in the whole of the mix.
After testing a thousand combinations, making cables for loops, I came to the conclusion that the best way was to use two cables on my guitar, one that is the one that takes the sound of my gk-3 to the roland gr-55 and another Of conventional jack at the entrance of my set of analog pedals.
Unfortunately in this way was wasting the set of effects and simulation of amplifiers offered by the gr-55 roland.
Yesterday I came up with the perfect solution; I made a cable And that takes the magnetic pickup signal from my guitar and inserts it into the guitar socket of the gk-3 pickup and it derives another cable at the entrance of the set of my pedals, thus I have more processed Of effects; First the set of signals generated and processed by the roland gr-55 pedalboard has become more realistic and clear and I have achieved that the set of my pedals for analogue guitar again have the good sound I wanted.
Sorry for the length of the message, but another of the issues I've been able to observe is that the sound of patches created by users in the gr-55 depends a lot on the equalization of the equipment that is connected to it, that is, I I have downloaded patches of users of this web that in my computer sounded very good, and yet others of which I have seen videos, to try them sounded quite poor.
In conclusion; Since I have the Roland GR-55 I have stopped playing the guitar to take an intensive course on its use, I reiterate the greetings and thanks for the participants of this forum.

gumtown

Something like this, made by a forum member "codesmart", where you can intercept the GK cable's normal guitar tone,
and send it through the guitar pedal effects, and then back into the GR-55.
It also has a GK 6 channel sub harmonic filter built in.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20182.0

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

QuoteSince I have the Roland GR-55 I have stopped playing the guitar to take an intensive course on its use,

While these pursuits can often open doors to new technical understanding while debugging  - its a slippery slope.

Ive spent a large part of of my time on earth "debugging" my gear - wish i would have studied music and practiced guitar playing a bit more to be a higher caliber musician, as the pursuit of tone and working / building electronics to that end led to a modestly successful career in electronics ( my day job)  - not music   - because getting involved in  high tech music gear can often lead to hours in pursuit of resolving failure  / problems  - which have cultivated  global skills for all electronic systems

and read this thread

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7472.0

midiman2011

The invention is that simple, simply with this cable we connect the normal Pu output of our guitar to the input of the Gk pickup and we draw a female to connect another cable that connects the signal of the pickup to the input of my pedalboard. I am processing the signal of my magnetic or piezo pickups through the effects processor of the Roland Gr-55 and also through all the series of pedals that I have. Many times we turn things around to see that the solution was the simplest