Footswitch for GP-10 and GR-55 simultaneously

Started by justinmorell, March 20, 2017, 04:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinmorell

Hi all,

I just ordered (finally) the Y cable to connect both my GP-10 and GR-55 at the same time. I'll be installing the diodes this weekend. Now I need an external footswitch, but I specifically want to be able to use one switch to activate an assign on both units at once. I'm thinking about the Fishman FC-1, which I would MIDI to the GR-55, no problem. Of course, as I understand, there's no way to connect to the GP-10, and I don't want to mess with a computer/tablet/laptop simply to run a switch to the GP-10.

Here's my question: is it theoretically possible, if the switches on the FC-1 are momentary closed, to run a separate jack off of one of the switches inside the unit and then plug that into the back of the GP-10 while still having that same switch send the MIDI CC value to the GR-55? Or, would there likely be some kind of interference between the two connections?

I know this seems a little far out, but I can't think of a better way to do this with one switch, other than maybe buying a very LARGE footpedal system that has multiple connections. Thanks,

Justin
justin

GR-55, VG-99

gumtown

QuoteI just ordered (finally) the Y cable to connect both my GP-10 and GR-55 at the same time. I'll be installing the diodes this weekend.
I assume this is a GK 13 pin Y cable?
and the diodes are to use the GK pickup S1/S2 on both the GR-55 and GP-10... right?

The FC-1 seems a bit extravagant to mod for a dedicated footswitch, but I guess it might work, would you replace a foot switch or two with a double pole foot switch?.
the FC-1 electronics might not like GP-10 foot switch voltage induced into the circuit if you tap off the original foot switches.

There are plenty of DIY midi projects to look up.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

justinmorell

In fact, I just discovered the Boss ES-5, which has the capability (I think) to assign one switch to multiple targets, including an "analog" out to drive the GP-10. It's a bit out of my budget right now, but at least it looks sturdy and not as big as a house. Thanks!
justin

GR-55, VG-99