FENDER TRIPLEPLAY OEM Battery failing. WAS USER ERROR: Everything is fine now

Started by plethoraguy, March 11, 2017, 02:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plethoraguy

Lately I have been having trouble with my tripleplay setup (Previously functioning patches in my Muse Receptor no longer playing, etc)  and I initially assumed it had something to do with the new software/firmware.     I struggled through for a while but I finally noticed the red battery light would start blinking within just a couple of minutes of powering up (again, I have the Fender with tripleplay built in, not the front mounted unit).   Anyway I take this to mean my battery is no longer holding a charge.    I've treated this guitar with nothing but the utmost respect and kindness (no overnights in a frozen garage, or baked in a sunny car, etc).      What can I do to get the battery replaced on this thing?  I have a paid gig tonight and I guess I'll just have to go without my lush synth additions.   

Elantric

contact Fender Support asap

Fender Customer service in Arizona
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
Attn: Consumer Relations Dept.
17600 N. Perimeter Drive, Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Telephone: (480) 596-7195
Fax: (480) 367-5262
E-mail: consumerrelations@fender.com

plethoraguy

Thanks for the reply...  I am somewhat befuddled because it seems to be working fine again...  perhaps the issue was with my charger?    I am trying to sort it out.  There are no known battery issues with the new software/firmware are there?    The weirdness occurred right after I upgraded but I think maybe it was just a coincidence. 

plethoraguy

Just a follow up.    Everything is back to normal, I think my wall charger maybe was having an issue, but even that works fine now.
Nothing to see here...   move along, move along.

admin

I find its best to use a USB Charger that provides 5VDC @ 1000mA (1A) output minimum

plethoraguy

Thanks for the info. I am using the one that came with my FTP which has those same specs.   Still don't know exactly what was going on but it's working great again, without any definitive correction on my part, so I have changed the Thread title to say that that the problem is resolved.