GR-20 Midi in

Started by Robbin-Rohner, March 09, 2017, 01:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbin-Rohner

You all might know this, but for those who might not...
The Gr-20 midi in port can be connected to a midi keyboard's midi out,
and you can play all the GR-20's sounds from the keyboard.
You can connect both units to an audio mixer so as to adjust the balance and other mixer parameters independently.
A midi guitar can plug into the 13 pin port, and the guitarist and keyboard player both can play the GR-20 simultaneously,
and the guitar player can use the switch to change it's sounds. But as far as I know, the pianist cannot.
R

Elantric

QuoteYou all might know this, but for those who might not...
The Gr-20 midi in port can be connected to a midi keyboard's midi out,
and you can play all the GR-20's sounds from the keyboard.
You can connect both units to an audio mixer so as to adjust the balance and other mixer parameters independently.
A midi guitar can plug into the 13 pin port, and the guitarist and keyboard player both can play the GR-20 simultaneously,
and the guitar player can use the switch to change it's sounds. But as far as I know, the pianist cannot.
R

Same functionality occurs with older Roland GR-30 and Roland GR-33  - but NOT the GR-55

GR-33 FAQ
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=14682.msg134718#msg134718
QuoteRecently I was debugging MIDI gear with a GR-33 as MIDI Tone Module, and we discovered the GR-33's internal Sound engine can accept simultaneous signal input from either the GK 13 pin input jack or the 5 pin MIDI Input jack at the same time.

That opens many doors for live use with an external MIDI sequencer in tandem with live GK-3 triggered performance

Must Enable "LOCAL OFF"