VG-99 - Troubleshoot: FC-300's EXP pedal not affecting A/B Balance

Started by mooncaine, March 05, 2017, 10:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooncaine

Last night, at a nice gig, I had probs with using my FC-300 to crossfade from channel A to B. I also had a patch or two where an EXP pedal that should have affected FV level was not affecting it.

I hurried through the settings between songs, looking for an extra assign, found nothing.

When I reassigned the EXP2 pedal to A/B Balance, it didn't affect it. I just had to reach over during a Pink Floyd song and crank the knob by hand.

I tried restarting VG-99, and I also tried un/replugging the Ethernet cable that connects pedal to VG. Had no time to do more.

Today, I am looking at the patch in the editor (my gear's still packed up). I don't see anything wrong here. What would you look for, to debug this prob?

Brent Flash

You do have the RIBBON assigned to A/B Balance also. Not sure if that would do it.

mooncaine

Thanks, Brent. I wondered about that, but nope, I found the prob, and it was definitely my error:

I had set the EXP2 pedal to always be Foot Volume (A&B) in the SYSTEM:CTL settings before a previous gig. I think I had planned on always using the outer pedal to be volume, and then forgotten my brilliant scheme later.

Thanks to the VG-99 Editor, I was able to see this... eventually! I could have sworn I poked through that menu on stage, but I was in a hurry! I see I didn't scroll down far enough.

BTW, Brent, I double-checked that the Ribbon can, indeed, be set to A/B Balance whilst the EXP2 pedal is set to the same. They coexist peacefully.