Has anyone bought new GT-100 since GX-100 came out?

Started by Magic Russ, March 27, 2023, 07:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Russ

Just wondering, since the GX-100 has been out for over a year, and I still see the GT-100 being sold at retailers (for the same $599 that will get you a GX-100), if anyone here has bought a GT-100 in the last year and what went into that decision.

gumtown

I can not see any reason why someone would buy a 11 year old GT-100 new today,
but then same goes for the 12 year old GR-55 too, except that is the latest (and only current) offering from Roland/Boss in PCM guitar synth.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Always compare in detail the PARAMETER GUIDES for each unit.

The GT-100 V2 firmware offers a few functions missing on GX-100 ( Pickup modeling, different looper, and some prefer the larger icons and ability to read the display on outdoor sunny days on GT-100 

Magic Russ

Quote from: Elantric on March 27, 2023, 01:37:24 PMAlways compare in detail the PARAMETER GUIDES for each unit.

The GT-100 V2 firmware offers a few functions missing on GX-100 ( Pickup modeling, different looper, and some prefer the larger icons and ability to read the display on outdoor sunny days on GT-100 

Before I went with the GX, I spent a fair amount of time with the manuals and put together some charts concerning the differences, because Boss is kind of weird in that it adds and removes a fair amount from iteration to iteration.

I'm just curious, I see the GT-100 still available and I wonder if people are still actually buying any and what the deciding factor is.