How use the Line 6 XPS A/B box with GK3 pickup?

Started by poetje, March 02, 2017, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poetje

Hi,

I have a Variax JTV-69 and I use a Roland GK3 pickup for my guitarsynth.
Now I want to use the LINE 6 XPS A/B box, so I can power the Variax through this box. But how do I connect it? Because there goes a cable from the the GK3 pickup to the input jack from the JTV, so I can't connect the jack output to the XPS box.
Look at this picture: http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/darwinohm/media/IMG_1343.jpg.html

Is there a way to use the XPS box?
TIA, Jerry

Elantric

Two options:

Option #1: You must run two cables to the guitar * Cable #1 = TRS 1/4 cable from Line-6 XPS Power Supply to the Variax 1/4" Output jack * Cable #2 = Gk -13 pin cable to GK-3 , then to your GK processor ( GR-55, GP-10, VG-99, etc)

or

Option #2 : Use the Line-6 Variax Lithium battery for Tyler Variax, then connect the short 1/4" cable between Variax and GK-3 , then 13 pin to your GK processor ( GR-55, GP-10, VG-99, etc) you cant use the XPS or the TRS cable - must use the Tyler Variax Lithum battery for option #2

poetje

Quote from: Elantric on March 02, 2017, 07:33:57 PM
Two options:

Option #1: You must run two cables to the guitar * Cable #1 = TRS 1/4 cable from Line-6 XPS Power Supply to the Variax 1/4" Output jack * Cable #2 = Gk -13 pin cable to GK-3 , then to your GK processor ( GR-55, GP-10, VG-99, etc)

or

Option #2 : Use the Line-6 Variax Lithium battery for Tyler Variax, then connect the short 1/4" cable between Variax and GK-3 , then 13 pin to your GK processor ( GR-55, GP-10, VG-99, etc) you cant use the XPS or the TRS cable - must use the Tyler Variax Lithum battery for option #2

Yes, but when the short cable is in the Variax, I can't put the TRS 1/4 cable in the Variax, because the short cable is already in.

admin

QuoteYes, but when the short cable is in the Variax, I can't put the TRS 1/4 cable in the Variax, because the short cable is already in.

Correct - you cant use the XPS or the TRS cable - must use the Tyler Variax Lithum battery

Or use Option #1 - run two cables to the JTV-69

poetje

Quote from: admsustainiac on March 02, 2017, 08:51:57 PM
Correct - you cant use the XPS or the TRS cable - must use the Tyler Variax Lithum battery

That's a pitty. Thanks for your answer

Jerry

vtgearhead

I wonder if the +7V power bus on the 13-pin cable can supply enough current to run the Variax electronics as well?

admin

QuoteI wonder if the +7V power bus on the 13-pin cable can supply enough current to run the Variax electronics as well?

The Variax DSP Board draws a fair amount of current , and this often exceeds the capabilities of the host GK Processor and leads to poor audio

vtgearhead