GR-700 - Video Demos

Started by Elantric, February 09, 2017, 01:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

G-707

Jim Stafford plays a synthesizer guitar on the Johnny Carson Show!!

Elantric

This video is about greatest Joe Pass experiencing new sound of synthesizer GR700 for a first time. "Stella by starlight", sorry for sound quality and all interaptions because technical difficulties...

That was also late 80.. he never plaid synth before. I introduced him to this guitar Roland GR700 that I had in my house and he was very interesting, but I think he never really was in to it, after I played him little bit of my music that I wrote, Joe immediately picked up and played it like he new it already this tune and he liked it very much.
We talked a lot about guitar sound and he told me on many occasions that he loved a real, natural guitar sound, and do you know that his favor guitar player was Andres Segovia!?
Yep! Joe best performers was when he was spontaneously improvised on jam sessions, not concerts or recordings. One of them I remember it was in "Gregory's" jazz club in NY in Manhattan on 63street 1st ave. he surprised one night everybody and show up after his gig at Fat Tusday's and jam with Joe Puma who was another great musician guitar player back then, yes, that was the good old days...he had a natural GODs gifted talent and he was a very good friend of my. Yes I missed him.

Elantric

Roland GR-700 SOUND TEST with Ibanez IMG2010

Elantric

Paul Simon "You can call me Al" ( Graceland LP)

All horn parts heard on the studio cut are GR-700 played by Adrian Belew

Shingles

First try at this video linking tech:

All synths are GR700.

Great if you like poppy 80's Prog.

There is an album available.
Nik
--------------------------------
Tonelab, VG99, Axon AX100, EDP, Repeater
Godin, PRS, Crafter and Roland guitars
Center Point Stereo Spacestation V3