GR30 upgrade

Started by gian77, January 28, 2017, 12:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gian77

Hello Everybody,
I'm new on this forum but i read since many years. Thanks fo all the information you gave me trough the years.
I'm a gr30 owner and i really enjoyed it for many years. Now it's time for me to upgrade the system.
In the last period I use it only as a controller for logic or software synths.
During the year I really loved this synth but what annoyed me a lot was the "stuck note" bug.
So, my question is. Was it solved in the earlier models? since when?
for what I do an used gr33 or GI20 would be perfect, but I don't what to have similar tracking problems anymore.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Headless68

If you are thinking of an upgrade why not switch to latest technology for the best tracking (fishman tripleplay or boss GP-10 ) ?

gumtown

You beat me to the same answer.. Fishman Triple Play (FTP).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gian77

Quote from: Headless68 on January 28, 2017, 01:19:30 AM
If you are thinking of an upgrade why not switch to latest technology for the best tracking (fishman tripleplay or boss GP-10 ) ?

Thanks for your quick reply!
I considered both.
Since I own a Roland Ready strat that i like, I would prefer to continue use it. I never tried the triple play. Is it really that much better in comparison to the GK system?
The GP10 is an option I considered, as I did with the GR55. What I don't like of the the GP10 is the lack of a MIDI out. Only usb.

gumbo

Hi gian77,

Have you read this thread?

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7741.msg57079#msg57079

Specifically the reply by "Guitarpolson" on Feb 28th, 2013 ?

..there is some interesting stuff about the 'stuck note' problem, and how he got around it.

HTH

Peter

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

gian77

Hi gumbo,
Thanks! I read it but it's not easy to do for me. It's thanks to this forum that I discovered the bug. Previously I thought for years it was a guitar setup problem or something wrong with my gk controller  ???
Now I really think it's time for me to spend some money and upgrade my system. I still love my gr30 but technology has moved on.

Headless68

The GP-10 is very close to the fishman for pitch to midi
There are options for 5pin midi - check out Codesmart's solutions on this site
Also the midi over USB for softsynths from the GP-10 is very good

chrish

What type of synth tones do you use?

gian77

Quote from: chrish on January 28, 2017, 07:21:02 AM
What type of synth tones do you use?

Mostly Pads, leads and analog basses (sometimes with apeggiator).
Almost never Pianos, Organs or similar.

gian77

Quote from: Headless68 on January 28, 2017, 07:00:44 AM
The GP-10 is very close to the fishman for pitch to midi
There are options for 5pin midi - check out Codesmart's solutions on this site
Also the midi over USB for softsynths from the GP-10 is very good

I finally decided for a gp-10. Thanks for your suggestion. I found a used device and despite the aesthetic conditions I took it home yesterday.
Impressed by the precision of the tracking. I can play fast and it tracks very well. Also as a controller trough the pc it works great. Very satisfied of the upgrade.
Thank you for your help!

Headless68

Nice one - don't forget to check out the GP10 patch downloads on this site too :-)