Just got my Katana 100 combo

Started by T-Bone-BBQ, January 13, 2017, 06:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bone-BBQ

I got my Katana 100 combo in this week and so far I'm impressed. I've really only been able to play it on the .5 watt setting so far, but I'm already amazed. I had it on the 50 watt setting for about two minutes before my wife yelled for me to turn it down...LOL!!!

I normally run my tube amps at gigs, but I've been looking for a good SS amp that's just an easy grab and go for small gigs. I've tried all kinds of SS modeling type amps such as Mustang III, Line 6 Flextone III (1X12 and 2X12 versions), Blackstar ID 60 (1X12 and 2X12 versions), and the new Blackstar ID:Core 100 and all were pretty good, but some were more complicated than I wanted and some just didn't take pedals well at all. This Katana amp is simple enough to use and set up, but it's the tones that I'm really digging so far. Really good basic tones to build on with the built in pedals/effects and it DOES take external pedals well, so that's a big plus for me. Feels built like a tank, but not too heavy. I'm looking forward to using this at practice soon and am already planning to get the head version also.

My big gripe is now I have to order the GA-FC footboard and NOBODY has them in stock, so I'll have to wait for them. I had to wait to get the amp, and it was worth it tho.