SY-300- Things I don't understand about Boss Tone Studio

Started by sleidia, January 09, 2017, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleidia

Hi guys,

I bought a new computer recently and since it was loaded with Windows 10, I finally had the chance to install and try Boss Tone Studio.

Before posting I've read the documentation but either it's outdated or has some mistake.

Anyway, I don't understand the following points :

1. According to the documentation, you're supposed to be able to drag/drop patches from a LiveSet on the right side of the User Interface to the very left side patch listing (the patches physically present in your SY-300). But in my case, trying to drag will result into an impossibility to drop. I can drag/drop only within the LiveSets. Is there any reason for that?

2. Again, according to the documentation, you can store 400 patches within a single LiveSet. So, I backupped my own patches from my SY-300 wich resulted in a LiveSet called SY-300. Then, I added 30 new patches to this LiveSet. But when I apply this LiveSet to my SY-300, the added 30 patches don't appear on my SY-300. Does it mean that only the LiveSets can contain 400 patches and that your SY-300 can't?

Thanks!

gumtown

!. Is the SY-300 USB connected to the Tone Studio while you try to drag and drop?

2. Live Sets can be up to 400 patches, but the SY-300 can still only store 99 User patches at one time.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

sleidia

Elantric

Its not necessary to use "Drag & drop"

I just use the Import & Export function - and mouse clicks

(All Boss Tone Studio Librarian versions offer similar functionality)

read the detailed instruction in Boss Tone Studio manuals

BTS uses common Librarian patch import / export procedure for all boss gear that support BTS

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/BTS_KATANA_e01_W.pdf

szilard

Quote from: sleidia on January 09, 2017, 02:18:20 PM

1. According to the documentation, you're supposed to be able to drag/drop patches from a LiveSet on the right side of the User Interface to the very left side patch listing (the patches physically present in your SY-300). But in my case, trying to drag will result into an impossibility to drop. I can drag/drop only within the LiveSets. Is there any reason for that?

You can only drag n drop to a user patch maybe you were trying it with a preset?

chrish

It can also be kind of touchy, at least for me. I've had problems where the place that i want to drop moves as the new patch is being dropped. Also tone studio will sometimes freeze up when trying to drop and drag patches.

guitarnoodle

i know its a bit late of a reply here, but I also have had numerous problems sharing tsl files of patches Ive made. I can share the entirety of my user library, in a tsl file, but i am still unable to save a singular patch ive made, and save that individual tsl file, no matter the different commands i try to enter. i do have the most current BTS version of 1.1 and i have a mac mojave os.

Brak(E)man

Quote from: guitarnoodle on December 26, 2021, 11:51:06 AM
i know its a bit late of a reply here, but I also have had numerous problems sharing tsl files of patches Ive made. I can share the entirety of my user library, in a tsl file, but i am still unable to save a singular patch ive made, and save that individual tsl file, no matter the different commands i try to enter. i do have the most current BTS version of 1.1 and i have a mac mojave os.

Have you tried dragging from the left patch window ( the representation of the patches in the unit )
into a new empty library file ?
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: guitarnoodle on December 26, 2021, 11:51:06 AM

Saving single individual files is easy.

1) hook sy-300 up to computer usb and then open the sy-300 editor
2) click "create liveset" button
3) take your mouse and drag and drop one of your presets over to the liveset column
4) click "Export" button
5) a dialogue will open, rename the file to what it's called in the sy-300 and the path you want it saved too and it's done!