13 Pin Cable on eBay

Started by Kokopelli, January 02, 2017, 02:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtgearhead

I wouldn't buy from anyone with a talking auction on general principles.

whippinpost91850

He gives all the info except the info pertinent to the Roland 13 pin

Kokopelli

Thanks to all.

Elantric, I didn't know if I should post the good deal I found or not so I attempted to send you a PM. Sent item never showed in my message area. Did you happen to receive that message?

I will look at the link regarding cables. I want to save money in regards to the Roland price.

Thanks!
Happy New Year to all on this Forum. I appreciate the help.

Elantric

Never got your message -

dont scrimp on your GK 13 pin cables  - 90% of the ones you find on Ebay will smoke your Roland/Boss unit - as they were designed for Kenwood  / Clarion car stereos and have the wrong pin out.

Kokopelli

OK- OH!, I'm glad I asked my stupid question. Thanks again. I thought it would be fine but I knew I was making an assumption.

I guessed that you hadn't received my PM. I purchased a new GR-55 for $534.59 with free 2 day shipping with a 45 day no restock return fee. I hope a new model shows at NAMM on 01/20/17 but if not I will open the box and keep this one. AltoMusic has the deal that Zzounds will beat with a better return option but both companies seem fine to me.

Edit: I just checked and the deal is not as good. The deal on AltoMusic now is 599.

pmgnut

I just purchased a brand new GR-55 but it did not come with the 13 pin cable, so I started price shopping and found them for as low as $18.00, when the Roland brand retails for $72.00. Big difference! Big enough to raise a red flag for me and spend the $72.00 on the Roland cable. I did not want to take a chance of frying a brand new GR-55 with an $18.00 cable.

Elantric

Learn to use an OHM meter

Genuine compatible Roland GK cables have all 13 pins wired 1:1. No shorted pins, no open pins

90% of eBay Sellers's with cheap GK cables have  incompatible cables that were surplus Kenwood car stereo cable

Many might smoke your Roland/Boss GK 13 pin gear

Not worth the hassle

Order a quality GK 13 cable from sellers here

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1584.0