VGuitar Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fishman Tripleplay - East-West Samples for FTP  (Read 1697 times)

LightWing

Re: Fishman Tripleplay - East-West Samples for FTP
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2016, 12:17:27 PM »

CPLM...

Hope you and everyone else notice in the "Preview Pic"...Propack "1"...meaning expect more. :)

Patrick

BBach

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2016, 04:56:35 PM »

There is a sax illustrated on the circle on instruments on the Propack 1 cover.

whippinpost91850

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2016, 05:11:05 PM »

Man, Can't wait till this is released :'(

Mrchevy

• Rating: 20
  • My other wife is a Les Paul Custom
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »

So I'm thinking of finally pulling the trigger on the FTP. Should I wait till this release comes out or nab it with the NI software. I find all the NI software install and registration fiasco aggravating but will it be easier with E/W and will there be a big difference in the quality of the software in either or.
Les Paul Custom
SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Gibson WRC w/GK3
Vantage VE 565
Schecter Hellraiser & C1 classic
Martin acoustic

Tubemeister18 w/Egnater 112cab
Princeton chorus 210
Yamaha THR10C

GT100
GR-55
Mustang Floor
Boomerang III

A lot of stuff I DON'T need

TG

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 04:20:30 AM »

because i'm so impatient i went to the east west website today and it says "coming this month" on the homepage for EW for TP.
i'm sure you lot already knew that... but here is the link for anyone else that wants to drool... at a banner... am i really that sad? Yup!

http://www.soundsonline.com

not long now then!

maan108

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2017, 08:31:27 AM »

I've a question:  East&West is a  Sampler that plays midi message received by FTP, why this plug in should not be used by different midi generator also (Roland GK system based or others) ?

Or these East&West plugins are strictly coded with FTP Software interface on PC/Mac ?

Maan108

sec6

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2017, 10:22:34 AM »

I've a question:  East&West is a  Sampler that plays midi message received by FTP, why this plug in should not be used by different midi generator also (Roland GK system based or others) ?

Or these East&West plugins are strictly coded with FTP Software interface on PC/Mac ?

Maan108

I don't see why they would not be able to work with any midi controller. Though the settings for the instruments may be tweaked a bit for midi guitar, they appear to be mostly repackaged packs of their existing sound libraries. Curious to find out the price of these packs as the existing packs are quite hefty. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 10:36:15 AM by sec6 »
Les Paul Standard DC (internal GK), Casio MG510 (internal GK 13-pin conversion), GP-10, VG-99 w/FC-300

midi-guitar

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 03:51:47 PM »

Bummer that it's still ... vaporware.  An early tease, with a late delivery.......  and no word to us on release date.

cplm

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2017, 01:10:59 AM »

These new EastWest MIDI Guitar Instruments, from producers Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, differ from the current EastWest virtual instruments, which are optimized for keyboards, in that they have been selected and designed to take advantage of the complex and unique waveforms produced by a guitar’s vibrating strings. These five titles cover a wide range of musical styles and instrument families.

Here the list of included instruments:
http://www.soundsonline.com/midi-guitar-series

The whole five collections summed together reach 107 GB of 16 bit/44.1kHz samples.

Still no mention of the sale prices.

ITL

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 10:23:17 AM »

According to the Fishman folks I talk to a this past Winter NAMM, the pricing is going be pretty agreessive in terms of what you are going to get.  It looks like they are getting closer to launching this.  March is almost over!
LGXTSA, Godin Session Custom TriplePlay w/ Fishman Piezo, JTVariax59, Axe-FXII, Integra 7, Motif XS, VoiceLive 3

admsustainiac

• Site Administrator
  • Rating: 37
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 10:41:55 AM »

Typically $299-$399 per package is typical for East-West Sample packages - I expect similar pricing
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SymphChoirsG

sec6

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 11:29:24 AM »

Forgive me, but my B.S. detector just went crazy when I saw this phrase: "designed to take advantage of the complex and unique waveforms produced by a guitar’s vibrating strings."  What exactly does that jibber-jabber mean?  We are talking pitch to midi here, and not harmonic restructure modelling. Astounding.
Les Paul Standard DC (internal GK), Casio MG510 (internal GK 13-pin conversion), GP-10, VG-99 w/FC-300

admsustainiac

• Site Administrator
  • Rating: 37
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 11:36:32 AM »

What exactly does that jibber-jabber mean?

It means they spent many hours working on sound libraries optimized for the Tripleplay

( Hammer Ons, Hammer offs, Legato playing,  separate MIDI channel per string for multi string bending, etc - issues which rarely manifest when using a typical MIDI Keyboard controller.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:55:29 AM by admsustainiac »

whippinpost91850

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 12:18:15 PM »

Kind of bummed... I just looked at the list and no SAXES ... which is what I am really looking for

cplm

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2017, 12:36:05 PM »

April Fool  ::)

sec6

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »

It means they spent many hours working on sound libraries optimized for the Tripleplay

( Hammer Ons, Hammer offs, Legato playing,  separate MIDI channel per string for multi string bending, etc - issues which rarely manifest when using a typical MIDI Keyboard controller.

East-west already accomodates six channel midi in omni mode, legato playing, etc.  I still can't see this as anything but sampler packs of their existing instrument packs. All they did was select existing sounds in their sound libraries that play nice with guitar midi controllers.  Let's not hype this into something more than it is. 

ITL

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 02:54:11 PM »

UGH, April >:( Bastions!
LGXTSA, Godin Session Custom TriplePlay w/ Fishman Piezo, JTVariax59, Axe-FXII, Integra 7, Motif XS, VoiceLive 3
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Blog