GR-55- How to achieve "Echo" ?

Started by TayzGpa, November 28, 2016, 03:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TayzGpa

I am looking for some instructions on how to produce an echo sound using the GR-55.
I would also need to know how to control the echo intensity and duration. 
I think I know how to use the control pedal to hold the echo for how ever long, but I just cant seem to get the echo part down.
Reverb doesnt really "echo" and Delay doesnt really seem to do the job but I might not (prolly dont) know what I'm doing.   ;)

gumtown

It is the Delay effect (delay = echo).
the time parameter will set how far apart the echo's are, and the feedback parameter will determine how many times the echo will repeat for.

The GR-55 main Delay module can mix in the signal from 3 sources, Amp/Modulation route, MFX (multi effects) route, and Bypass (direct from the selected tone source).

The Level parameter will mix in how much echo level you want with the dry signal, the effect on/off will switch the echo effect on/off.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

TayzGpa

Thank you so much for explaining that.  Sometimes I get lost in all the settings.
Can you also tell me, what is the difference in the Delay effect and the Delay's in the MFX and MOD sections?
Thank you again.

gumtown

The MOD and MFX effect sections offer a choice of effects, where you can choose to use delays from these too.
The MODulation effect delay is very much the same type of delay as the dedicated delay effect section,
but the MFX section offers two quite unique delay types.
The 3 Tap Pan delay is 3 separate delays, individually controlled, which they are spacially placed with
one delay left channel,
one delay centre,
one delay right channel.

The Time control delay has a few extra parameters from the regular delay,
acceleration, which I think it amplifies each repeat.
HP damp, which filters off the high tones from the echo repeats, which can be required as higher frequencies contain more energy compared to lower frequencies.
The Low and High gain are just like low and high tone controls.
Balance mixes between Dry and Wet (effect) signal.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

TayzGpa