First time caller....

Started by chrisc, October 14, 2016, 08:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisc

Hi.  I'm Chris.  I live in Louisiana.  Glad to be here.

I've got a Parker PM10 that I've installed a Roland GK2 internal pickup on. 

I was using it with an Axon AX100 but now that Boss came out with the SY300 I realized that I could get the sounds I wanted from a pedal with zero latency.  Really interested in Metheny / Abercrombie type guitar synth tones/style.

I'm actually wanting tp re-wire my internal GK to work as a normal pickup and feed that directly to the SY300, independent of the regular humbucking pickup.  Not sure if it's do'able, but I think it'd be interesting to give it a go.  Besides, my pickup is screwed into the body of the guitar so it's not coming out anytime soon.  LOL  (attaching pic w/ guitar)

Thanks and I'm looking forward to more discussions with you all.  I'll post on how any progress (or lack there of).

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group chrisc!  :)

squatch

Welcome Chris! Hey, nice job on the Parker
Do you have synth electronics mounted in the bridge PU cavity?
Maybe you could mount a shallow gold foil or jazz floater pickup over the top
I'm getting ready to mount a GK on my Parker too, just trying to figure out the best way

Looking forward to progress pics!
Cheers, Dave
Guitars: Parker, Kinman, Wilkinson, MJT
Amps: Fender SR, Ceriatone OTS
FX: Big Sky, Timefactor, Infinity, Lexicon etc
Hex: Roland VG-8 VG88, GR1, GRS, GRD, GI-10, GI-20, GKP-4
Synth: Roland MKB1000, MKS20, MKS30, XV2020 Kurzweil K1000, Kawai K5000S, Yamaha SY77, MU100, Korg Micro Preset

Kevin M

Hi Chris. I think you would be disappointed with the GK as a normal pickup. I think it will sound way too brittle.

BMapson

Welcome!  There are a at least a few of us from Louisiana active around here. 

I'm working on my own internal GK3 installation at the moment.  I hope to finish soon.  It's been going on for a while ...