FTP Hardware Synths on Triple play software, different channels, is it possible?

Started by KuRi, October 03, 2016, 08:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuRi

Hi!

I am struggling to use 2 hardware synths on triple play software (to send midi to external synth module) and use more than one channel. What I want is:

- x1 hardware synth that receives all string on channel 1
- x1 hardware synth that receives all string on channel 2

I am able so send each string to separate channels, but that's not what I want. What I want is to send all strings to channels 1 and 2 at the same time, then choose two different midi instruments on the external synth to play several instruments at the same time.

The external synth I am using is the Roland SD-50, connected through 5-pin midi.

Thanks!

KuRi

Smash

It will help if you describe the set-up

Are you using FTP in hardware mode or is FTP connected to your PC and then midi out from PC to SD50?

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: KuRi on October 03, 2016, 08:15:11 AM
Hi!

I am struggling to use 2 hardware synths on triple play software (to send midi to external synth module) and use more than one channel. What I want is:

- x1 hardware synth that receives all string on channel 1
- x1 hardware synth that receives all string on channel 2

I am able so send each string to separate channels, but that's not what I want. What I want is to send all strings to channels 1 and 2 at the same time, then choose two different midi instruments on the external synth to play several instruments at the same time.

The external synth I am using is the Roland SD-50, connected through 5-pin midi.

Thanks!

It's unclear to me why you want to use different channels if you are sending the identical MIDI data to each synth.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973